Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So am looking to upgrade the headlights on my V, not going the LED route because I know LEDs absolutely suck when retrofitted into halogen housings.

So that leaves either HIDs (which are pricey and the electrical system might not be able to handle them), or HIRs, which are the best performing halogens that exist, but I have not been able to find HIR bulbs in the H7 size for the 1st Gen V650.

Has anyone found other halogen options that work well on the V? Preferably with a ultra white color as I already converted my front running lights and license plate light to LED and it looks a little funny with the LED running lights and regular yellow headlight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can you link to the LED’s you used? I’ve put LED’s on my hand guards to aid in visibility and don’t care for the different colors of lights. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
So am looking to upgrade the headlights on my V, not going the LED route because I know LEDs absolutely suck when retrofitted into halogen housings.

So that leaves either HIDs (which are pricey and the electrical system might not be able to handle them), or HIRs, which are the best performing halogens that exist, but I have not been able to find HIR bulbs in the H7 size for the 1st Gen V650.

Has anyone found other halogen options that work well on the V? Preferably with a ultra white color as I already converted my front running lights and license plate light to LED and it looks a little funny with the LED running lights and regular yellow headlight.
If you have a gen 1 bike, there is a led light that works pretty good, look for a post by 16VGTIDave , I installed on my 2015 low beam, which basically lowers my wattage load on the stator, as it sucks due to the reflector in the 2015.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/63977-led-headlight-conversion.html

·
Registered
198 Posts
@HoosierFordMan are those the Barkbuster leds on your handguards? They look very bright, I have been eyeing them lately but haven't been convinced I need them

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
How much modification did it take to install? the H7 retainer clips used on the V650 are definitely not going to work with most LEDs.
That link, go to post 120, the center photo of the SafeGo,I edited post 120 and have a photo showing the ring for mounting in a separate photo C/W explanation, that ring is what gets retained in the housing, you plug the rest in after, and can rotate to try and get the most effective lighting, not very good with the 2015 reflector, however it reduces watts significantly .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts