Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
That is a great nickname. I have a Road Glide Special and it is an amazing touring bike / bagger. Goes through the curves as fast as I ride any of my other bikes.

If I were to choose an Adventure Touring bike I would go for one with a shaft final drive like the Triumph Tiger 1200, Yamaha Tenere, or BMW R1200GS.

I hope the new line of liquid cooled bikes does well for Harley. I'm pretty much done buying bikes in the $20k range.

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
...If I were to choose an Adventure Touring bike I would go for one with a shaft final drive like the Triumph Tiger 1200, Yamaha Tenere, or BMW R1200GS....
IF I was to choose one other than my two V650s - I would choose based on LOWER WEIGHT!

:thumb: - :thumb:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
IF I was to choose one other than my two V650s - I would choose based on LOWER WEIGHT!

:thumb: - :thumb:

I don't consider the V650 an adventure touring bike. I don't even consider it an adventure bike, but if I had to put a label on it I would say it is a sport standard bike or a street adventure bike if that helps market it.

For me Adventure TOURING bikes much have electronic cruise control and enough spare amps for any accessory and heated gear that I want to add to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts