16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
943 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Good Job catching that on video Joe. Had a very similar experience last year on my Harley 48 which had about 1 1/2'' of rear suspension. I hit an expansion gap on a bridge just like that. I usually ride where a cars tires are as I have heard the center of the lanes tend to have more oil and road debris...well expansion gaps get dug out faster where tires drive and potholes form. I would say I was going about 80 and the pothole was about 5 or 6 inches deep before the steel joint. I saw it last second and had no time to avoid it and wham I got launched about a foot off my seat. Scary stuff right there.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The camera guy on an FJR?

The Missus and I were traveling rural West Virginia when we came upon a section of road where they had cut out numerous sections of asphalt, with some of them 5" deep.

Ever see a GL1800 Gold wing get "launched" ??? It was quite an experience.

Yep its an FJR...

Had A Gold Wing hit a dog once and a couple of 2x4's on the freeway but never launched it.:eek:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Job catching that on video Joe. Had a very similar experience last year on my Harley 48 which had about 1 1/2'' of rear suspension. I hit an expansion gap on a bridge just like that. I usually ride where a cars tires are as I have heard the center of the lanes tend to have more oil and road debris...well expansion gaps get dug out faster where tires drive and potholes form. I would say I was going about 80 and the pothole was about 5 or 6 inches deep before the steel joint. I saw it last second and had no time to avoid it and wham I got launched about a foot off my seat. Scary stuff right there.

Yea..She Ain't Scared..:eek: ... Pauls Off Road Adventure - YouTube

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
549 Posts
Glad to see she had a back rest. Probably saved her from being launched of the back.
Also tell him to get an fj and that would not have happened :)

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to see she had a back rest. Probably saved her from being launched of the back.
Also tell him to get an fj and that would not have happened :)

He's British but he bleeds Harley. He waiting to see what changes if any will be done to the 2015 Road King. So depending on that he'll be getting a 2014 or 2015 Road King.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Here's my 2007 model. It's since been replaced by a 2012 model in dark blue. I do like the 2007 color much better, though.

I see that you have the highway pegs installed. Are them from Motorcycle Larry? What do you think of Them?

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's my 2007 model. It's since been replaced by a 2012 model in dark blue. I do like the 2007 color much better, though.

I see that you have the highway pegs installed. Are them from Motorcycle Larry? What do you think of Them?

Yep the highway pegs are from MCL. They look good and don't get in the way. I've got bad knees and a hip so stretching out the legs make a big difference on longer runs. Their a little pricey but then again anything you put on a bike is.

I also got the bar riser blocks,peg lowering blocks which helped a lot.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yep the highway pegs are from MCL. They look good and don't get in the way. I've got bad knees and a hip so stretching out the legs make a big difference on longer runs. Their a little pricey but then again anything you put on a bike is.

I also got the bar riser blocks,peg lowering blocks which helped a lot.
29" inseam here so no peg lowering blocks.
Did add the bar riser blocks and a National Cycle VStream windshield.
Lowered the bike 1" front and rear. Corbin driver seat with AirHawk cushion.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
29" inseam here so no peg lowering blocks.
Did add the bar riser blocks and a National Cycle VStream windshield.
Lowered the bike 1" front and rear. Corbin driver seat with AirHawk cushion.

The Corbin Driver Seat is lower than stock so that should help you out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts