Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be having a bad day, week, or month but has anyone else noticed posts that ask questions that have already been asked before? :dgi:

I like that this forum isn't like others I have been on in the past (pirate 4x4 being the most relevant example). Where if you were to post something that had already been discussed, you would get the most hateful flame throwers trashing you for the whole day. I don't think we are headed down that road, but I can feel myself cringe a little when someone asks a stupid question.

What i am talking about is users that are not checking the search before they post. So we end up with 15 threads talking about the same thing. When the answer to their perfectly valid questions has already been discussed beyond comprehension.

my favorites are:
  • what tires would be good for the V?
  • do you think this slipon will give me more power?
  • do you think the V is good offroad?
The solution might be a "use the search" emoticon!

This all might be me raging cause some taxi driver almost smacked my leg when trying to butt in my lane this morning.:mad::mad::mad::devil::censored:

·
Registered
875 Posts
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16605

It's like

Even the commentary on the commentary may fall into the this "trap".

No harm intended

In regard to searching the best advice I received is using the Google Search bar at the top center on the screen rather than the Forum's search function, way better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just in case some aren't familiar with this search technique, I find good results typing my search query into Google and specifying the site I want to search. For example:

best windscreen site:kawasakiversys.com

Note that there is no space between "site:" and the web address. The same results can be achieved by using Google's advanced search options, but typing a bit saves me a couple of clicks. I hope someone finds this info useful.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well i was thinking what tires are good for my Versys?....also if i add a slipon do i still need a power comander? or all the vibration from going off road will it damaged it?...

any input please?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The forum would come to grinding halt in no time if everyone did a search and got their answer that way.

There are always new twists and things to learn, even if they have been asked a 100 times before.

Its a way for FNG's to introduce themselves. I'm on a boat forum and can't remember how many times I have told folk that they don't need to be hooked up to the 3G or WiFi to make their Navionics nav program work. But, each time it gets pointed out, it stirs up more interest and information.

Plus things change, what tires should I get, a tried and true one-but new tires are always coming out. How to lube my chain, new lubes are around etc.

Let the FNG's ask the same old questions, gives the experienced Versyi a chance to show off their knowledge.

Machog

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
The forum would come to grinding halt in no time if everyone did a search and got their answer that way.

There are always new twists and things to learn, even if they have been asked a 100 times before.

Its a way for FNG's to introduce themselves. I'm on a boat forum and can't remember how many times I have told folk that they don't need to be hooked up to the 3G or WiFi to make their Navionics nav program work. But, each time it gets pointed out, it stirs up more interest and information.

Plus things change, what tires should I get, a tried and true one-but new tires are always coming out. How to lube my chain, new lubes are around etc.

Let the FNG's ask the same old questions, gives the experienced Versyi a chance to show off their knowledge.

Machog
+1 :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
642 Posts
In regard to searching the best advice I received is using the Google Search bar at the top center on the screen rather than the Forum's search function, way better.
Just in case some aren't familiar with this search technique, I find good results typing my search query into Google and specifying the site I want to search. For example:

I am pretty sure that is what the search box in the center at the top does.

·
Registered
541 Posts

Note that there is no space between "site:" and the web address. The same results can be achieved by using Google's advanced search options, but typing a bit saves me a couple of clicks. I hope someone finds this info useful.
Actually, if you put the site url first followed by a colon and the searh term, it works the same and less typing.

Using your example: kawaskiversys.com: best windscreen :thumb:

NOTE: this only works in Chrome

·
Registered
716 Posts

Machog
Can I get an "Amen!"? Anybody? Bueller? Esp, the part about the site grinding to a halt. This forum is more than just a data base of infor on the Versys. It's a community of sorts, and we become even more so by just shooting the sh#t, even if we said basically the same things last week.

·
Super Moderator
19,006 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts