Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
You might want to glue the little white protective tips on. If they come off things will get scratched....

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
They also carry a couple of good rear stands

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good advice on the little tips. I was actually thinking about sliding on some surgical or rubber tubing.

I was after the swing arm stand they have. I'm hoping that the width is right. If not I'll get their spool stand.

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
Good advice on the little tips. I was actually thinking about sliding on some surgical or rubber tubing.

I was after the swing arm stand they have. I'm hoping that the width is right. If not I'll get their spool stand.

I have both of their stands. The black one i was able to get the adapters to make it a front wheel stand. The adapters are no longer available. I gave the silver stand to the guy that bought my Versys but i kept the black one...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have both of their stands. The black one i was able to get the adapters to make it a front wheel stand. The adapters are no longer available. I gave the silver stand to the guy that bought my Versys but i kept the black one...

How do you like your seat? Is it comfortable and have you ever had a chance to compare it with other seats? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
How do you like your seat? Is it comfortable and have you ever had a chance to compare it with other seats? Thanks

The seat in the photo is an Adcock Flat Seat. I've also had a Baldwin Tall Leather Seat, A Russell Day-Long,Corbin,2 Kawi Gel Seats,Seat Concepts. For nothing but long trips I'd get the Russell for everything else I'd prefer the Seat Concepts. Hated the Corbin. The Adcock was a good seat for me because i could scoot back and stretch the legs. If you ride with a passenger get the normal Adcock Seat.

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
Had the Seat Concepts on it when i sold it to the new owner in the photo...Don't have any photos of the other seat anymore..

·
Registered
358 Posts
The seat in the photo is an Adcock Flat Seat. I've also had a Baldwin Tall Leather Seat, A Russell Day-Long,Corbin,2 Kawi Gel Seats,Seat Concepts. For nothing but long trips I'd get the Russell for everything else I'd prefer the Seat Concepts. Hated the Corbin. The Adcock was a good seat for me because i could scoot back and stretch the legs. If you ride with a passenger get the normal Adcock Seat.

Good info. Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Where is a good place to get those spools for the rear swing arm? I thought I saw them somewhere but were very expensive, almost 100 bucks! Must have been for the front, engine part, that is way too expensive for rear spools.

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Where is a good place to get those spools for the rear swing arm? I thought I saw them somewhere but were very expensive, almost 100 bucks! Must have been for the front, engine part, that is way too expensive for rear spools.
egay

·
Registered
358 Posts

You need to choose between composite or metal spools – after that any 10 mm size bolts will work. All of them should be $20 or less including shipping. Motor Werks is always good stuff and you can also look on eBay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts