Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have had intentions of introducing myself since I joined the forum a while back but for some reason am just now getting around to doing so. I bought my versys about 2 months ago now and have put about 2,000 miles on the bike so far. I'll have to say that I am impressed and very happy with the bike.
I've ridden motorcycles, primarily of the off-road nature, and sport quads for many years and am just now getting into the street scene.
I raced mountain and road bicycles for about 7 years, so I guess you could say that I have a passion for anything on wheels......two preferably:thumb:
Currently work in a local bicycle shop and have about 4 semesters left before I obtain my degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Nice to meet everyone. Just want to say this is the best Versys forum out there and I seem to learn something new every time I log on.

Cheers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
:welcome:

I too ride bikes, though probably not in your league, I have an old Quintana Roo Tri bike and a Raliegh MB that I run around on to try to keep in shape. After recent knee surgery my running days are over so the bike is my mode of aerobic excercise. At 50 it starts to get harder to stay in shape.

I live down in the Rio Grande Valley just across the bay from So. Padre Island, if your ever down this way drop me a line.

Congrates on the Versys, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far, and your right about this forum it is a very active site.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear from someone that shares another common interest besides motorcycles. I will definitely have to drop a line if I'm ever in the area. I have a friend who is based around S. Padre. He works for some oil company as a petroleum engineer. Not sure which company it is though. I had thought of possibly riding down later this year to visit. I'll definitely let you know if/when I decide to.
Nice bike by the way. I'm guessing that you are a pretty tall fellow by the size of the frame, around 6' 2" - 6' 5"?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good to see another Oklahoman on here, from Owass here. Still haven't seen another Versys, if I do I will wave.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome to hear from you as well. I live around the Broken Arrow/Coweta city line off of Hwy 51. I will make sure and wave as well if I see you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts