Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I just installed Happy-Trails Teton 9" panniers with matching H-T SU racks. This kit appears to have shorted the Versys parts to relocate the turn signals(nuts to secure the (2) 8x20 bolts). I went ahead and installed the racks/panniers anyhow without relocating the signals since I couldn't figure it out.

Anyone else run into the same problem? The kit works, but leaves the turn signals hidden from side view. Most folks on the forum appear to have done the same thing as I did. Email has been sent to H-T asking for a solution.

Thanks-
chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Chris,
I just bought a 2009 Versys which already had the HT racks and teton panniers installed. As you noted, the rear turn signals are hidden. I'd like to address this issue over the winter - have you had any feedback? Any advice?
Thanks,
Lori

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys I never heard back from HT. Two calls and an email. I like the product, but the customer service sucked. I've used these panniers quite a bit with no issues. No regrets on the purchase, just don't expect any follow up.

Chris

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hi Chris,
I just bought a 2009 Versys which already had the HT racks and teton panniers installed. As you noted, the rear turn signals are hidden. I'd like to address this issue over the winter - have you had any feedback? Any advice?
Thanks,
Lori
Based on your pics those signal lights have already been extended. Thats where they run them on that setup. If you're wanting more lighting you might consider surface mounting lamps on the back of the cases. Kind of a hassle with wiring and all that then. Maybe some quick disconnects and run the wires through the boxes.

There are a couple of other threads on racks and bags if y'all are looking for more info.

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
Light on the bags/side case.
Better to be seen.

There are a lot of LED light in the market and one will definitely fit your liking.

:goodluck:

:cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just finished installing the HT rack, the panniers have not arrived yet. The nuts that you need to install the turn signal re-locaters did not come in the hardware kit, I was disappointed. I had the right washers and nuts to finish the install, but that is not the point, they need to complete the hardware kit. I will call them tomorrow.

Also I thought it was strange that it did not come with instructions, and there are no instructions on the website. Sure I was able to figure it out but I have a lot of experience, what if you are a beginner?

I hope my panniers arrive soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I added lights to the back of the cases. Used two small bolts and silicone to seal them. Ran the wires through a loom to a connector that I brought out from under the back of the pillion seat. They are actually just marker lights that I picked up cheap at the auto store. They work fine - went all the way to Florida and back with no problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you have time, post a picture, I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
933 Posts
A Vicious Cycle was one of the exhibitors at a bike show here in January, and they had a KLR with Trax sidecases fitted out with these lights. I can vouch that they are bright!.

Given that the Happy Trail cases are similar, they may work out well for you.

Dave C

1 - 20 of 21 Posts