Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a pair of Happy Trails from a member here.......Anyone know where I can find some installation instructions? Thanks in advance.

Oh- Each box has one of the hinges' metal tabs completely bent. Maybe this is by design(?) but I don't think so, it looks a little odd. Can I just bend them back flat with some pliers??

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sorry I don't have any suggestions but would like to see a picture when you get it sorted out and mounted. Hopefully someone will chime in with some help. Hey, how those hand guards working out for ya?;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
E-mail sent. It looks like I did not have the "full install" instructions but I sent you the main pages that shows where everything goes and what size bolt goes where.

It is pretty straight forward and easy until you come to the turn signals... I had a difficult time getting slack in the wires and figuring out the direction that the signals mounted (study the photo and it will come to you) They also shorted me the bolts and washers for the turn signals...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Here are a few photos of mine installed. Somebody already talking about the signal mounts being the hardest part but once I got them on it seemed pretty simple. Just take your time. The directions with the kit suck and I wrote to HT and told them they needed to fix that. I love my HT panniers however. I’m a newspaper photographer and use the bike for all my "on the road assignments" and they have seen heavy action hauling tons of expensive gear through all kinds of weather and nothing has ever gotten wet or damaged. More then I can say for my over priced Trax top box. I wish HT made a top box Id eBay that crappy thing and replace it with a HT. I had a tip over with the bike fully loaded and the HT pannier got pretty dented up. I took a rubber hammer and beat the hell out of it and its as good as new.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here are a few photos of mine installed. Somebody already talking about the signal mounts being the hardest part but once I got them on it seemed pretty simple. Just take your time. The directions with the kit suck and I wrote to HT and told them they needed to fix that. I love my HT panniers however. I’m a newspaper photographer and use the bike for all my "on the road assignments" and they have seen heavy action hauling tons of expensive gear through all kinds of weather and nothing has ever gotten wet or damaged. More then I can say for my over priced Trax top box. I wish HT made a top box Id eBay that crappy thing and replace it with a HT. I had a tip over with the bike fully loaded and the HT pannier got pretty dented up. I took a rubber hammer and beat the hell out of it and its as good as new.
HT doesn't have a top box for that set? Bummer. I guess that will help me sleep a little better at night after buying my Trax set and painting them to match. (pricetag = OW! OW! ****ITY OW! )

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yea the price on the Trax is way to high for what your getting. I got mine to stop leaking but for that kind of money it should have never leaked to start with plus it rattles like a pick up truck when I hit bumps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts