Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have experience with Happy Trails Pannier thinking about that route for my Versys...other thoughts include the givi trekker and the pelican based system but the price seems right on the HT stuff

Dan

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have them and am happy with the product. I think it is just about unanimous that their service sucks though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have them and am happy with the product. I think it is just about unanimous that their service sucks though.
Far from unanimous opinion on Happy Trails. A few customers disappointed because some product did not fit perfectly is no justification to bad mouth a very respectable aftermarket supplier. My satisfaction with Happy Trails goes way back to my KLR650 days and continues today.:thumb:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Others can chime in but I have heard far more negative comments than positive. Mine came on the bike but when I needed some help with them I got next to zero even though I only needed some advice.

There are plenty of threads about their service or lack of it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will chime in on the great product. The customer service is something to be desired. Also the instructions leave a lot to your imagination to figure out. I can never understand with the internet era that high quality photos of installs of products would be so difficult to do.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don't get me fired up about their Miserable Customer service...
I'm sure their products are top notch and I would love to have a set of their tetons but I will never buy from them again. I would however buy their products from my fellow Versys family if any are available.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I put a set on my v and it's top notch stuff, and the service was outstanding. :clap:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will be putting Happy Trails Tetons on my 2011 V... but I can't seem to get a straight answer from them as to when they will be available... one week they are a month or so out on the racks... another week they be available next week... another week they have panniers available...

Right now, I'm waiting on a phone call on when the racks will be available (I'm not holding my breath though since this is the 2nd or 3rd promised return phone call about availability).... This has gone round & round for about 6 weeks... I don't want to order a system until I know it will be available... I don't want to plan a trip using their product & not have it when I need to use it. I also don't want it sent to me piece-meal, I want the whole system delivered together so I can use it... That's why I have yet to order from them... I've read several accounts of parts missing... split shipments weeks apart, etc... And the lack of answers & differing answers depending on what day I call seems to be consistent with the negative opinions on customer service that I've read...

Everyone who has the pannier system seems to love it... but just about everyone has the same negative opinion on their customer service... It's a real shame since so many people have the same opinions (love their product, hate their customer service)... Wish they would get their act together on production scheduling & customer service answers...

I've resigned myself to order their system this coming fall or winter when their business is slow... maybe then I'll get an accurate response as to when I can have them delivered...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know it's not on the Happy Trails cases at all, but I went down the Caribou Cases route for my 2011 Versys - while not metal cases, they are probably tougher than most alu cases, and were incredibly easy to fit, reliable and solid, and the customer service I had from CCS was amazing.

When I was doing all my research on panniers, the bad things I head about a company or it's equipment were just as important to me as the good things, because to me, it's how a company handles the unexpected and the difficult that matters most because that's when you need them!

·
Registered
508 Posts
They are great and they take a beating. I had an off at 45 mph and between the HP pannier and the SW-motech crash bars my bike was saved. I had to use a rubber hammer to beat the pannier back in shape but its still water and dust proof. Ive had no problems with service but others have.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts