Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I could wait no longer, it was time to install some panniers.

Emailed Happy-Trail on Monday 4/9/12 at 5:13pm to see if '09 racks were in stock.
Heath replied at 5:31pm and stated they would be in stock within the next few weeks.

Waited til Thursday 4/19/12 and placed order on-line for SU rack and mounting kit.

On Friday 4/20/12 emails from Happy-Trail and UPS stating products were enroute with delivery time of 4/25/12.

On Wednesday 4/25/12 both items arrived via big brown truck. Box contained all items and was well packaged. The bag containing the nuts/bolts/washers had a handwritten QC note with initials. Everything was there.

So my evening was spent installing the side racks and cases.

Here it is. Pelican 1500's on Happy-Trail side racks, Pelican 1450 on KTMDuals top rack.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great to hear about your experience.

I love my Happy Trails Teton pannier setup.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I ordered Owyhee boxes... which are not their mainstay like their Teton boxes... So there was a four week gap between rack arrival and box arrival... but oh how happy I am with my HT setup. You just can't beat them in my book... and they are a real conversation starter in my less than ADV aware part of the world.

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Something to consider with all those boxes (especially the top box) is the visibility of your tail light. People in tall vehicles like pickups, SUVs, trucks and buses who are close to you or at even a slight angle will not see your tail light because it's so far recessed. I had that issue with my Givi E52 top case so I added a bright LED strip that is wired as a running light and brake light. Lots of options out there, pick one that fits your setup.

Be seen!

Reactions: Stud Muffin

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am actually going to Boise on Sunday and will be stopping by Happy-Trails... I may splurge on getting the Teton setup, as Boise is the start of a week to two week trip.

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
Something to consider with all those boxes (especially the top box) is the visibility of your tail light. People in tall vehicles like pickups, SUVs, trucks and buses who are close to you or at even a slight angle will not see your tail light because it's so far recessed. I had that issue with my Givi E52 top case so I added a bright LED strip that is wired as a running light and brake light. Lots of options out there, pick one that fits your setup.

Be seen!

Thats the main reason i got the Admore Light Bar i installed right above the license plate.

IMG_0463 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
508 Posts
Heres a deal going on at HP for anybody thats going to buy soon.

Free shipping through May 15th … CONUS … on all orders $299 and over. The offer excludes tires and seats as they are oversize items. When checking out use the coupon code: freeship

Trail Dust is a publication of happy-trail.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
Heres a deal going on at HP for anybody thats going to buy soon.

Free shipping through May 15th … CONUS … on all orders $299 and over. The offer excludes tires and seats as they are oversize items. When checking out use the coupon code: freeship

Trail Dust is a publication of happy-trail.com
Have you ever seen the size of box their panniers come in?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Can you use this rack system with a Givi Top Rack?

Looks like it doesnt use any leverage from your grab bars like the Givi does.

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
Does the Givi rack use this mounting point?

It may work if you get a longer bolt, but someone else will have to verify.

Yes Sir...

·
Registered
16 Posts
How are things going with the Happy Trail rack, Stazjemo?

I was thinking about getting one but noticed the rack does not seem to be supported in the top-rear corner.

Is supporting weight a problem?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts