Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I picked up my 2008 Versys Friday before Labour Day weekend and have been enjoying it as much as this forum said I would. My plan was to buy a used Suzuki GS500 or a 650 Ninja bought I kept hearing such good things
about the Versys that I could not keep it out of my mind. Then I was looking at magazines at a Mac's Milk and saw the distinctive Versys headlight on the cover saying it was Motorcycle of the year. That was it, I ordered one without even riding it. I have not driven a motorcycle since my Honda XL150 dirt bike when I was 16. I was amazed at how quick it came back to me and I am loving it.

Glad to be aboard and hope to hear from more Ontario riders.

See ya,

Randy:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I'm trying to put together a group ride for the end of September - if you are interested, the thread is over in the Group Rides sections under Ontario Canada Riders.

It could be right in your area.

Anyway - congrats on the new bike. What color did you get?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it at Georgian Power Sports in Durham and he had to get it from a dealer in Orangeville.The only colour they had left was Candy Plasma Blue. I wanted the bike so bad I did not really care but I really like the blue as it does not seem as common a color choice but at least we have choice unlike our friends to the south. I hear they may get to choose the blue in 2009.

I will have to think about the ride, I am taking my M1 exit course in Owen Sound Sep 19,20,21 so hard to stay away from the family 2 weekends in a row. Definitely will sometime though.

Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought it at Georgian Power Sports in Durham and he had to get it from a dealer in Orangeville.The only colour they had left was Candy Plasma Blue. I wanted the bike so bad I did not really care but I really like the blue as it does not seem as common a color choice but at least we have choice unlike our friends to the south. I hear they may get to choose the blue in 2009.

I will have to think about the ride, I am taking my M1 exit course in Owen Sound Sep 19,20,21 so hard to stay away from the family 2 weekends in a row. Definitely will sometime though.

Thanks for the welcome.
My wife and I took the course in Owen Sound last week. It was excellent. You will have a terrific time. I hope it rains on you as it did us, It was the best learning environment.
Check out Oceans Ontario ride thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts