Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the members of forum...especially the ones I have semi regular contact with. Through a lot of creative budgeting, I'm going to be able to hang on to my Versys. I never really wanted to sell it. I actually had some very interested parties from many states and some great conversations! I made some new friends!. A lot of interest out there. To the guy who (threateningly) low balled me to the point of insulting my intelligence: "You sir are a bottom feeder good economy or bad" (you know who you are) :thumbdown: sheeesh. In any event, glad to be back, even though I never really left~!
cheers and Ride Safe! :thumb:
Rik

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's great, for both you and the Versys. :clap:

As for the 'bottom feeders', well, I too have recently experianced people thinking that the reason I was selling something was that I was desperate for cash. They'd offer up to less than half the price I was advertising at and usually they'd come in with a hard luck story of how little money they had and this is all they could afford. Aye, dead on ! Chancers the lot of them. We all like a good deal, but there's always the ones who will try to take advantage.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not begrudge anyone who makes a "reasonable offer" i.e. "You don't ask you don't get" But...When an insanely low offer is made with the addendum "You better take my offer as that's the only one you're gonna get" in an agitated tone, (you know who you are) No thanks. Selling the bike seemed like the only option, but thanks to my most awesome girlfriend/sig other. A little belt tightening and frugal spending for the rest of the year will keep the Red Versys right here. It also helps that aforementioned girlfriend really enjoys riding as much as I do. With the current economy, It's sometimes hard to justify anything beyond the basics. While struggling through the pitfalls of all this, it's nice to have a recreational outlet like a motorcycle....not to mention it is my ONLY form of transportation. I do not own a four wheeled conveyance at this time. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
I do not begrudge anyone who makes a "reasonable offer" i.e. "You don't ask you don't get" But...When an insanely low offer is made with the addendum "You better take my offer as that's the only one you're gonna get" in an agitated tone, (you know who you are) No thanks. Selling the bike seemed like the only option, but thanks to my most awesome girlfriend/sig other. A little belt tightening and frugal spending for the rest of the year will keep the Red Versys right here. It also helps that aforementioned girlfriend really enjoys riding as much as I do. With the current economy, It's sometimes hard to justify anything beyond the basics. While struggling through the pitfalls of all this, it's nice to have a recreational outlet like a motorcycle....not to mention it is my ONLY form of transportation. I do not own a four wheeled conveyance at this time. :cool:

Hang in there buddy and wish you and yours all the best.

Glad you hanged on to your Versys.

:cheers:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would take a match to my bike before I sold it to some lowballer bully. I write some people off pretty quickly as I just don't have time to waste.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the Versys had sold, I would have been relying on public transportation and "creative vehicle juggling with my girlfriends auto...not exactly impossible but rather a logistics challenge and overall pain the you know what...THANKFULLY....not the case!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
With the current economy, It's sometimes hard to justify anything beyond the basics. While struggling through the pitfalls of all this, it's nice to have a recreational outlet like a motorcycle... :cool:
I hear you loud and clear on that one....
My "V" was 'paid-in-full' 6 months after I took her home...but I often feel guilty for having her what with all the economic insecurity surrounding us all.
The bike was a gift to myself; I saved a long time to buy her...no impulsive purchase here... but sometimes I feel I could use the value of the bike for other, less selfish needs.
My sweetie always talks me out of it.
Funny how a silly machine can sorta, kinda make one a better, happier person!
It calms me, excites me, removes the tensions of the day, and brings a focus to my life that was missing...every time twist the throttle.
The zen of riding.
It truly is my solitude amongst the multitudes.
We all need that some how some way.
Freedom.
Glad you can keep riding Rik...I know it would be painful for me to give up mine.
and to everyone on this most important and solemn of occasions I say....
Happy Independence Day brothers and sisters....
To better days.
Peace.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm totally with you Stagehand. My Versys was financed and I worked very hard to pay her off despite the "creative financing options" of HSB financial services......Their oughta be a law....... Still, I do feel guilty owning her sometimes. My motorcycle time is an escape, therapy, and a "centering" time for me. Helps me melt away the viccissitudes of the workday so I don't bring them home. And in this crazy world we're all faced with right now, it simply makes me smile every time I twist the throttle.
Happy 4th to all
rik

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, that's great news Rik. Between what everyone on this post said, it helped validate why I wanted to get riding in the first place.

Glad to hear your holding on to your inner peace injector.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'm happy for you and your girl that you guys found a way to keep the Versys in the family! Tell her "thanks" from the Forum!

·
Registered
264 Posts
melt away the viccissitudes of the workday so I don't bring them home.
Holly crap...you better not bring this kind of stuff home.:eek:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Baron,
She's quite the lass indeed. It took me 50 years (and a lot of false starts) to find the right one. Not only do I get to keep the bike, but I also get to keep the girl.....very rare combo in my experience :clap: :thumb: :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts