Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Now back to the mechanic. He changed the screws of the rocker arms and put some rubber on me but the problem remained. At one point he looks at my smartphone holder and says to me: take off that f***ing smartphone mount, he's the bastard. I come home and the noise is gone for now. The problem is that I had a lot of vibration on the knobs and my hands were vibrating a lot. At this point, if the problem was only the smartphone holder, tomorrow I will have the rocker arms put back as they were before. what brand of smartphone holder do you have?

Now back to the mechanic. He changed the screws of the rocker arms and put some rubber on me but the problem remained. At one point he looks at my smartphone holder and says to me: take off that f***ing smartphone mount, he's the bastard. I come home and the noise is gone for now. The problem is that I had a lot of vibration on the knobs and my hands were vibrating a lot. At this point, if the problem was only the smartphone holder, tomorrow I will have the rocker arms put back as they were before. what brand of smartphone holder do you have?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,531 Posts
FWIW - I have and ride a Gen 1 ('09) in AZ, and a Gen 3 ('15) in BC, w/ OVER 100,000 miles on the '09, and 90,000 kms on the '15.

NEITHER has a 'buzz'.

·
Registered
2014 Versys 650
21 Posts
Mine is some cheapo from Walmart. It makes all kinds of noise. I also get a pretty sharp vibration through the bars and foot pegs but only at a certain rpm range. It’s due to the non rubber mounted engine. It’s not as bad as my 05 ktm 525 I used to ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts