Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
91 Posts
I'm unsure of what part is making a noise, are you talking about the bar-end weights? If so, you just gotta get them super tight and maybe add loctite. Mine were secured with a very high torque and thread locker when I took mine off to install Barkbuster hand guards.

·
Registered
2020 Gen3 650
91 Posts
The factory bar end weights had thread locker on them from the factory. "Loctite" thread locker is a common brand, but there are others. You may also need to use the factory bolts to get them tight enough. The bolts shown on your pic are not the factory bolts.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
the vibration is so deafening that it would take professional headphones with active noise cancellation
My response was just light hearted fun.

Seeing your reply it sounds like something is loose on your bike and is the source of your problem

I had a 2015 V-650 and put 22,000 miles on it and never had the extreme kind of vibration as you are describing.

Try running the engine at various rpm's, without actually riding the bike, to try and duplicate the vibration so you can locate the source. Most likely there will be a certain RPM or RPM range that will produce the vibration. If you cannot pinpoint where the noise is coming from, have a friend hold the throttle at the RPM causing the vibration so you are free to walk around feeling and pressing on everything on the bike. Fairing, windscreen, headlight, gas tank, engine, frame, etc. Don't stop this process until you have isolated the problem area.

Once you locate the culprit make sure all the fasteners are tight and secure. If the vibration continues try some thin rubber as a cushion between the vibrating pieces. If this does not work you might consider some silicone or RTV as a vibration damper.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Versys 650
21 Posts
My response was just light hearted fun.

Seeing your reply it sounds like something is loose on your bike and is the source of your problem

I had a 2015 V-650 and put 22,000 miles on it and never had the extreme kind of vibration as you are describing.

Try running the engine at various rpm's, without actually riding the bike, to try and duplicate the vibration so you can locate the source. Most likely there will be a certain RPM or RPM range that will produce the vibration. If you cannot pinpoint where the noise is coming from, have a friend hold the throttle at the RPM causing the vibration so you are free to walk around feeling and pressing on everything on the bike. Fairing, windscreen, headlight, gas tank, engine, frame, etc. Don't stop this process until you have isolated the problem area.

Once you locate the culprit make sure all the fasteners are tight and secure. If the vibration continues try some thin rubber as a cushion between the vibrating pieces. If this does not work you might consider some silicone or RTV as a vibration damper.

Good luck.
2015 has rubber mounted engine, ops bike looks to be 2010-2014. my 14 has the same irritating vibration sound from soemwhere on the bars. dont know what it is and I kind of just want to add an exhaust so maybe I wont hear it

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Several Pre 2015 guys checking in with a similar issue.

Perhaps the descriptor should change from "vibration" to Buzz.

Prior to buying my 2015 I rode a 2014 and did notice more vibration in the bars and foot pegs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think this is a solution

searching BUZZING in a search bar, I see many many many old post

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the problem is to understand if the mechanics want to try and disassemble ... and do these precision works

I think this is a solution

searching BUZZING in a search bar, I see many many many old post

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
the problem is to understand if the mechanics want to try and disassemble ... and do these precision works
If I owned a 2014 or older and went through all this work to fix the Buzz I think I would install the following decal on my bike to reflect the work done.
Hand Arm Toy White Gesture

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so I found out that the most irritating buzz on my bike was actually due to my phone mount vibrating lol, took the mount off and the noise is gone 😂. Still has a bit of a buzz but no loud vibration noise
Now back to the mechanic. He changed the screws of the rocker arms and put some rubber on me but the problem remained. At one point he looks at my smartphone holder and says to me: take off that f***ing smartphone mount, he's the bastard. I come home and the noise is gone for now. The problem is that I had a lot of vibration on the knobs and my hands were vibrating a lot. At this point, if the problem was only the smartphone holder, tomorrow I will have the rocker arms put back as they were before. what brand of smartphone holder do you have?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts