Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my iPhone SE in a tree mounted bracket for a 3 hour ride. The vibration killed the rear camera autofocus mechanism. Feels like a good argent fr an old phone or true motorcycle GPS

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've always used a mounted 5" Garmin. I've never used my iPhone for traveling, not even in my car. The Garmin automatically scales it's display better and is much easier to read, plus lane assist is a huge plus when driving through cities. If you have the Garmin mounted right, you don't have to take your eyes off the road.

I've also never used a MC dedicated Garmin. The one in the picture is an old Garmin Nuvi 1450 (Nuvi's much cheaper than a Zumo). Fortunately where I live, it doesn't rain that much so if it starts raining, I'll just pull over and stick it in my tank bag.

Now, having said the above, if I was doing touring all over the US like I used to do, or lived in a rainy area, I'd get a Zumo so as not to have to worry about water proofing.

Edit: The other huge advantage to a Garmin is the ability to import custom routes that you make on your PC using mapping software.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Try turning the iPhone off and on again. My iPhone was launched out of an air cannon, landed on a steel barn roof, and bounced down to the ground. Camera was blurry until the phone was rebooted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It died. Restarted the device wide. You could hear he autofocus motor. Never had a problem with drops.

·
Super Moderator
20,444 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
There are anti vibration mounts you can buy that people claim will solve this issue. But after my last iPhone got messed up, I won't use my new one on a motorcycle again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts