Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the handlebar measurements (width, Rise, Pullback) for the stock handlebars? Or any recommendation for bars that have another 1" pull back? What I am looking for is a set of bars that have about another 1" of pull back. Yes I have adjusted them to every imaginable way. Bike master sells bars, but I am asking the wisdom of thee group before spending any money and time on this. Thanks in advance!~

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Simple solution: ROX pivot risers

This is my set-up, LOTS of adjustability.
Another angle showing the Motowerk riser also installed:

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
Good reply from Alaska Jeff, but what you might miss is that the Motowerk 'risers' bring the bars back towards you, while the ROX (which I use) can be adjusted up, forward, or back, or a combination.

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Fast Eddie

If I install the ROX https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/adv-dual-sport-dirt-bike-handlebar-risers/products/2-pivoting-bar-risers-for-7-8-handlebar do I need to adjust the cable, or is there enough slack?

Thanks

Alan
If I remember right from 3 years ago, there was a slight adjustment with the cables/wires but nothing too major. Just make sure you turn the bars lock to lock after the installation to check for binding or tightness. I have aftermarket braided steel brake lines on as well so that helps.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If I remember right from 3 years ago, there was a slight adjustment with the cables/wires but nothing too major. Just make sure you turn the bars lock to lock after the installation to check for binding or tightness.
Thanks

I have aftermarket braided steel brake lines on as well so that helps.
So do I - they make a huge difference. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I asked my riding buddy / technical advisor - Garry - if I would be better with 1" (Speedy") or 2" (Rox) and he answered:

"We will put the bike on the track stands with the bars under a lifting point in the ceiling. Get to feel the difference between the 25 mm and the 50 mm risers. Once we get them off and suspended we try the 2 different heights (standing and sitting)."

Why didn't I think of that?

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts
...I asked my riding buddy / technical advisor - Garry - if I would be better with 1" (Speedy") or 2" (Rox) and he answered....
Personally - I did NOT want the bars coming BACK towards me, which is why I went w/ ROX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts