Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hands are on the large side - XXL size for gloves. The stock handlebar grips on the versys seem a bit small for me. I found these slip on grip covers at California Sport Touring:

http://www.casporttouring.com/store...PROD&Product_Code=GPSMALL&Category_Code=grips

These slip on foam covers increase that stock grip diameter from 1.25" to just under 1.50" diameter. They come a bit longer than needed - I trimmed off about 1/2" and slipped on using a bit of soapy water as recommended.

I road this afternoon and found that the Grip Puppies make my hands a bit more relaxed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
thanks for posting this, I was going to get some of these but would have had to search for the link, you did it for me, thanks.

you know what they say about men with large hands don't you? Course that's not my situation!! LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you install the sunline grips? Did you keep the stock handlebar endcaps, or do these grips replace those?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How do you install the sunline grips? Did you keep the stock handlebar endcaps, or do these grips replace those?
re-use the bar end weights, cut the end off the grip to put bar end weights back on, use original grip to measure where to cut

·
Registered
775 Posts
I run the SunLine grips cause of my monster claws...Bang for the buck they are great...Cut a threw the oem's in garbage. Cut the ends of the sunlines...Sqirted some of the wifes hairspray in the grips, slid them on, installed bar ends and shazamm...Big beefy grips :)...Note: Just make sure you have the throttle grip trimmed correctly or it will hang up on the bar weight...Not good if it gets stuck in the "haul ass" position.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well put contracter, i had to do a second trimming on throttle side cause i noticed it was hanging up on bar end weight. fortunite that i noticed it during install and not on A ride. I did nearly 350 miles today with the sunline grips its A major improvement,:thumb: its the most miles in a day for me so far, and my hands felt much better than with the stock grips doing 250 miles. took A trip up to vermont and did some riding with brothercannon. :D was A great day and A great ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts