Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first bike. 2018 Versys 300x purchased from a dealer in August. I recently installed the Oxford heated grips and Barkbusters. I have about 800 miles on the bike. I feel I am noticing a vibration in my handlebars I wasn’t noticing at first. Now to install the Barkbusters you have to remove the stock barend weights. I did however purchase the additional bar end weights from Barkbusters cause I liked the look.

Anybody else noticed similar results? I feel it was after the barkbuster install I noticed it the most but also feel I have gotten fixated on it and need to try it out for a while. I am good about not squeezing the bars too tight etc while riding so I don’t think that is it as I have been very conscious of it after noticing the buzz. Also thinking maybe I am just finally getting more comfortable riding so I am less pre-occupied with other things and now this buzz has caught my attention when it is been there since the beginning.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Others have noticed vibrations after removing/replacing the bar end weights. The bars do seem to be vibey without them. Ensure that the barkbusters are not fitted under stress. The original bar end weights ARE very effective.

·
Premium Member
2020 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
255 Posts
You can also add Grip Puppies to help as well over your heated grips.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can also add Grip Puppies to help as well over your heated grips.
I prefer Grip Buddies. https://www.originalbeemerbuddies.com/

Much better product. Won’t need to remove hand guard to install. If you have heated grips need to provide them circumference and width of grips as it will be different from stock. I made the mistake of just ordering for Versys 300X and they didn’t fit over heated grips. Luckily they fit my Triumph.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I prefer Grip Buddies. https://www.originalbeemerbuddies.com/

Much better product. Won’t need to remove hand guard to install. If you have heated grips need to provide them circumference and width of grips as it will be different from stock. I made the mistake of just ordering for Versys 300X and they didn’t fit over heated grips. Luckily they fit my Triumph.
How thick is the material on the Grip Buddies? I have tried the Grip Puppies and found them just slightly too thick for my liking. Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
How thick is the material on the Grip Buddies? I have tried the Grip Puppies and found them just slightly too thick for my liking. Thanks.
Mine are standard and a bit under 3/16” measured with caliper and trying to detect when it started compressing. Would add a bit under 3/8” diameter. They offer a thinner version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback. I use my bike as a commuter so got the barkbusters mainly to block wind as I plan on riding year round. My commute to relatively short though so I think I’m just going to put the original bar ends back on and remove the Barkbusters. May try to find a guard that doesn’t attaché on the bar end but still gives me the protection. Send me your positive thoughts on getting those bar ends refitted correctly, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts