Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some of you fabricator types like 08 Versys or those with the knowledge to fab, have any of you thought of fabbing some shorter actually narrower handlebars. For some reason, who knows why, I tend to ride with my elbows tucked close in to my body. Doing this causes me to put a kung fu grip on my grips. I feel like I have been doing butterflies with a weight machine after riding an extended period of time. Has anyone thought of doing some handlebars or are there some out there that are about an inch narrower?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey there motorbum. Just use a metal pipe cutter and trim the ends off. Most people ride with there hands in position relatively close to the width of there shoulders. So just sit on the bike, put your hands on the bars like normal and trim close to where your normal riding position is, or more if desired. Just cut a little at a time bc you can always cut more but you can't put it back. Its pretty amazing how much of a difference even .25" to .5" on each side can make a difference. Just keep in mind that if you go to far it can effect the steering of the bike.
Good luck! :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts