Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're anal-retentive, you might be one of those people who like their handlebars to be perfectly centered.

I am such a person, and noticed that my handlebars didn't seem right...

Upon closer inspection, I saw that the assembler was not anal-retentive.

There's a placement marker on the stock handlebar that needs to be centered over the lower left corner of the handlebar mount. You can see that mine was about 3/16" to the left.

Just something to check...

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ah ha! Thank you :clap: I am pretty obsessive about my handlebar and it's just not right. I rotated it downward a bit and have not been able to get it centered again. That dot is going to be a great assist.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a couple of those by the controls too...you better check em!
I'm not sure I trust the punch marks for the clutch and brake lever...

Both of my levers are positioned according to the manual, but I've noticed the clutch side is not symmetrical with the brake side.

This obviously causes the levers to not match - but it has an exaggerated effect with the left mirror. Assuming my bike matches others, I think this is what causes some of the reported positioning problems with the mirrors....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ha! Thank you :clap: I am pretty obsessive about my handlebar and it's just not right. I rotated it downward a bit and have not been able to get it centered again. That dot is going to be a great assist.
FYI

The service manual says the top bolts should be tightened first - the lower ones last.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I noticed that right away as well... puts the push buttons on the left control at an odd angle.. I haven't rotated mine yet, but have been thinking about it.

I'm not sure I trust the punch marks for the clutch and brake lever...

Both of my levers are positioned according to the manual, but I've noticed the clutch side is not symmetrical with the brake side.

This obviously causes the levers to not match - but it has an exaggerated effect with the left mirror. Assuming my bike matches others, I think this is what causes some of the reported positioning problems with the mirrors....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, as long as we're being anal, I've been bothered by the fact that the left and right switch gear housings don't really match. Besides the fact that they just look like they obviously came from different bikes' parts bins (look at the clamp), there is no way to match the angle of the mirrors while having matching angles on the brake/clutch levers. I had to decide which mismatch pissed me off more (mirrors) and live with the other.:thumbdown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts