Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of handguards (black) and would love some wind/rain protection for my poor fingers.

What brand is recommended for Versys?

I'd prefer plain black ones without any logos or text on them.

Thanks! (2008 Versys)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Vstrom's on mine...great wind protection...does require some modification on the left side, I think I paid $50, theres a thread for them somwhere on here.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I like my KTM hand guards. They are smooth, no logo, nice shape and look like they belong on the V.

Here is a very informative thread on these guards.

Bones' V with KTM hand guards:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Powermadd work for me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i used the aprilia dorsoduro solution.
dorsoduros hand guards cost 3.7 euros each:clap:
i bought some connecting screws-nuts also for 10 euros.
total cost almost 18 euros.
i cut the plastic of the handguards (this photo doesnt show this part ) in some places especially on the clutch cable side ,i will show tomorrow in another picture the sides i modified to properly fit

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have the Powermadd Handguards. I also got the wing extensions for them for extra coverage. The wings defiantly add some extra protection.
They do have a logo, but it is only raised lettering. I bought the black on black option.
And since some people like pics......:thumb:

Close up

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like my KTM hand guards. They are smooth, no logo, nice shape and look like they belong on the V.
Oh wow those are really great-looking. Thanks Pretbek - I think I'll go for these!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Those are Emgo Mark II mirrors. About $25, don't shake loose and don't vibrate as much as the OEM mirrors.

Yeah, Bones has got it going on...
Thanks for that information. I have some Emgo Roadhawks, but although they are better than the stock mirrors, they still aren't what I am looking for. I'll look around for a pair and try them out as the price isn't bad at all....:thanx:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Vstrom's on mine...great wind protection...does require some modification on the left side, I think I paid $50, theres a thread for them somwhere on here.
Are they the Vstrom 650 or 1000 version? I have DL650 knucklegaurds that were on my SV. I was just gonna sell them, but if they fit, I won't.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are they the Vstrom 650 or 1000 version? I have DL650 knucklegaurds that were on my SV. I was just gonna sell them, but if they fit, I won't.
They were the DL1000, but they may be the same...not sure

1 - 20 of 36 Posts