Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you have added handguards to your V. If so, what make and how was the installation.

I have read that the KTM or the Suzuki V-Strom hand guard work well!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Invader,

They look really sharp, but kind of on the high end of the dollar scale. I finally ordered the KLR08 hand guard. Got some tips on the web that they fit.

Will post as soon as I receive them and get the bike from the dealer. Which should be in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone fitted a pair of the KTM handguards on their bike yet? I just bought a pair, but the angle where they mount towards the center of the bars seem to be way off. Does anyone have any tips to offer? Any pics of a set installed?

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
V-strom guards work alright, but require some fitting. I had to remove them though after putting on the Givi screen.

I think I will try the Zitas next.

·
Registered
34 Posts
KTM Handguards with added wind protection

Attached see pics of the KTM handguards installed. For rain or cold we put some simple PP plastic shields on and secured them with 4mm stainless screws and nylock nuts. They were simple pieces of plastic from the bottom of a cheap toolkit box, but they are flexible enough to match the KTM curve but still strong enough for the windblast. The cutout shape was just to fit the KTM guards and I made a template with cardboard and flipped it for the opposite side handguard.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Handguards

Hi from UK
Fitted KTM handguards to my V some time ago,very straightforward and no prob fitting.Work well in keeping the elements at bay.Mind you, do not refit stock bar-ends ,they can fall off!! especially if overtightened as easy to do because introduction of guard into bar-end/handlebar interface is changed and no metal to metal contact exists.I did this and only just found out b4 my bar end went for a ride on its own!

So fitted simple (no rubber insert) stainless steel bar end.
See pics at www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/stuartbull1

·
Registered
496 Posts
BarkBusters from Twisted Throttle. I've got an interference fit issue when the Givi screen is mounted, but plan to rectify somehow for the upcoming colder weather.

Jim

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Acerbis Hand guards

I put the Acerbis on mine along with the Givi Windshield. I had a slight problem with the GIVI windshield and clearance with the Handgards, but after some twiddling, I made it all work. I bought the large "touring" Acebis and they really block the wind.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks guys. I've since changed over to Zeta's.

White:

And Black:

I like to mix things up a bit from time to time.

Right now I'm not running anything, as I put my Givi windscreen on and there's interference. I'll figure something out because these hand guards do make a difference in the cold weather!

Take care,
Jim

·
Registered
312 Posts
Those Zeta's look really nice with the lines of the Vario screen.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts