Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm trying to fit Acerbis handguards to my X 300 based on the recs in this advpulse build (I opted to go with the slightly cheaper Rally Pro model). The guy at the shop assured me they should fit, but I'm not having much luck.

So far I:

• pulled out both bar weights after 30 minutes of cursing like a sailor (dear lord, why are they mounted like that??)
  • tried to put the guards on, end bulbs on the levers get in the way
  • pulled the levers, ground off the ends, put em back
  • tried putting the guards on again,can't find a way for them to sit flush in a way that would actually protect the lever/my hand
The main issue seems to be the curvature of the bars, the mounting bracket that goes on the inside doesn't have any place it would sit flush with both the bars and the guard (circled spot)

(the windscreen clearance and the cable routing are kind of an issue too, but without the brackets fitting correctly that's a moot point)

Is the geometry of these handguards just incompatible with the stock X-300 bar setup or am I doing something wrong?

I'm feeling kind of frustrated because I can't put the stock barweights back in as they were destroyed by the removal process, so now my bars are gathering rain and vibrating merrily.

Should I just get different bars? Different guards? Give up altogether and put in aftermarket bar ends? (tho I can't seem to find any that are as heavy/long as the OEM inserts)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The one product that kinda gave me hope at dampening vibrations if I give up on the barkbusters is Bar Snake: Barsnake

However, it seems like it's basically discontinued/unsupported and no alternatives are to be found. Would solid barends do the job or should I just get new bars/dampened clamp if I'm giving up on the guards?

·
Premium Member
2015 650 Versys LT ABS
40 Posts
Check if you are able to move the entire clutch - brake master cylinder bracket to the inside
i.e. in essence moving the lever assembly.

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts