Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate suggestions regarding handguards that work with the Givi windscreen. My primary objectives are wind/rain deflection and ease of installation. Not interested in "hand protection guards" like those produced by Barkbusters. My preference is for something like the KLR and BMW GS guards.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I posted this yesterday Has anyone tried
these
Been lots of conversation about handguards. Don't plan on busting bark. But like on my 08 KLR I'd like something that simple provides a wind shadow for the hands.

I'd appreciate suggestions regarding handguards that work with the Givi windscreen. My primary objectives are wind/rain deflection and ease of installation. Not interested in "hand protection guards" like those produced by Barkbusters. My preference is for something like the KLR and BMW GS guards.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, weljo2001, for the great photos. The Acerbis Dual Road handguards should work quite well.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I understand what your saying about the bark buster being overkill for the versys but from what Ive seen on the market and installed on bikes on the street the barker busters with the storm shield guards is the best wind and rain protection on the market. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/5145/652/

Heres the kicker, they will help a little keeping rain and wind at bay but none of them are going to keep your hands completely out of the wind and rain. My hand s stay warm because of heated grips and heated gloves. They still get wet even with the storm guards in place after about an hours riding in heavy rain. The best bet is glove covers, heated grips and gloves.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Don't waste your money on their LED light kit. First they are white LEDs and second they don't hold up. I have had three sets in mine and they all had LEDs that failed.

As for strength, they are a lot stronger than you would think. I have been down twice since I installed them and they have down a great job of protecting my hands and the levers. They don't provide great wind protection, but they do help.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two questions about the KTM handguards.
1. Do they work with the Givi windscreen?
2. Do they require modification to fit the V?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts