Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do a search for hand guards and read the day away.

·
Super Moderator
19,113 Posts
I have Zeta XC guards on my Vs. They have aluminum 'backbones' with plastic covers held on with 2 screws each. Once it gets hot out I remove the plastic guards so as to get cooling airflow over my hands, and, of course, they go back on as it gets cooler later in the year.

:goodidea:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I went with PowerMadd handguards, available from Amazon. They're perfect for just keeping the weather off your hands. You have to buy the plastic guards and the mounting kit seperately. You can also buy a steel (aluminum?) backbone kit to reinforce the guards, but for strictly weather protection, they're pretty sturdy with just the mounting kit.

Handguards:

Mounting kit:

I'm extremely happy with this setup, especially considering the price. :thumb:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I went with PowerMadd handguards, available from Amazon. They're perfect for just keeping the weather off your hands. You have to buy the plastic guards and the mounting kit seperately. You can also buy a steel (aluminum?) backbone kit to reinforce the guards, but for strictly weather protection, they're pretty sturdy with just the mounting kit.

Handguards: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TW5BAW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

Mounting kit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AVU0X0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I'm extremely happy with this setup, especially considering the price. :thumb:
+1 on the powermadds for weather.

Don't care for the powermadd embossed logo...but easy install & a solid mount for what they are. -Scott

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have the barkbuster "storm" model with the aluminum backbone. They make the bike look more like an adventure machine. They will also hit the windshield should you change that to a Givi or one just as wide at the bottom.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Do your handguards increase buffeting on your helmet?

I have a 2011 with stock windscreen and my Cycra DX handguards increase buffeting a little. With my hand I can feel the air flow going up from the handguard towards my head. I haven't experimented with moving the handguards around.

I'm sure I've read in a review that some model of Givi windscreen keeps the wind off your hands. Maybe with that or some other screen I could solve both issues.

Or maybe a different handguard will keep the wind off my hands without directing it to my helmet?

I never really minded the buffeting on the Versys before--and I enjoy being in the wind. But I certainly didn't want to make the buffeting worse.

Not really a big deal as the weather is warming up and I may remove the handguards for awhile.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not Kawasaki specific, but great none the less.

KTM SMT 'guards with R&G bar ends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts