Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Versys owner and have a Givi windshield, can anyone recommend the best brand of hand guards that will work with this bigger windshield.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That may depend mostly on your preference but i see your point with regards to the larger sized hand guards. I myself love carbon fiber :) and got the Zeta-Racing Carbon fiber hand guards and aluminum bracket and they work fine coming very close to my Ermax shield at full turn although I am not familiar with your Givi - what is the measurement at it's widest near the base?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What year is your bike?

I have a 2011 with the Givi D410ST and installed the Barkbuster Storm handguards from Twisted Throttle. (They are the bar end mount only model) They do not contact the windshield at both stops.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have an '08 with a GIVI D405ST windshield and I am using the KTM handguards.

There is a very informative thread here on the forum on handguards.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought KTM Adventure hand guards. These provide excellent weather protection and look nice. They do not have aluminum backbone for off road strength. Trying to mount these to stock bars with stock bar end weights was ugly. I solved by installing Protaper SE bars and T-rex bar end sliders that match my T-rex frame sliders.

Cannot help with Givi windscreen question.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I don't recommend my barkbuster VPS handguards. They were annoying to install. Some of the bolt were too shorts for the clamps, I had to buy different ones at a hardware store. They interfere a bit with my controls depending on my lever adjustment. They have unwanted white text on them that isn't in sticker form, so you can't debadge them. The adjustable extensions on them aren't very adjustable. They also seems to cause the handlebars to vibrate more than usual: they released a set of additional weights for them, but you have to buy them in addition to the rather expensive handguards. They didn't offer them to owners free to fix the vibration problem.

So yeah, I'm going to leave them on my bike, but I don't recommend them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Givi windshield and bought Acerbis Dual Road handguards and they absolutely DO NOT fit compatibly, contacting heavily way before full lock, whether I mounted them inside or outside of the bar end weights--a shame, because I really liked the way they looked and was considering adding the LED light kit, but I would rather have the windshield than the handguards

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I bought KTM Adventure hand guards. These provide excellent weather protection and look nice. They do not have aluminum backbone for off road strength. Trying to mount these to stock bars with stock bar end weights was ugly. I solved by installing Protaper SE bars and T-rex bar end sliders that match my T-rex frame sliders.

Cannot help with Givi windscreen question.
That's nice color !

LOP

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
You'll have to trim the lower 'ears' off the givi 'shield. I used a bench-mounted scroll saw, file, and 1000 grit paper to make it look factory. Moose guards just touch on full lock.

Just love that givi unit!

·
Registered
83 Posts
FYI - A little trick I have done on several bikes when hand guards or levers hit the fairing/wind screen is to add rubber bumpers to the steering stops.

It changes the lock to lock slightly but you dont notice it after a week or so.
It also nicely dampens the thunk when you do hit the steering stops.

Its was REAL easy on the versys.
I simply slid some rubber door trim on to each side of the center frame plate that the stops hit against.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts