Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hallo all

Just bought a used Versys 650, from 2017, with 39.000 kilometers on the clock - so it's been used, not just been parked in a "man cave"

There is some mods on it:

Sargent seat
Gear indicator
USB outlets
Larger windscreen, a GIVI

I have just ordred a Scottoiler, new oil, filter and airfilter - so I know the status of the bikes "inside"

Problem:
One of the adjustable knobs for the windscreen is just turning, seams like the inside nut not move - what to do about that ?

Best regards
Henrik

Picture from yesterday, toke a ride to the harbur, where our new operahouse is placed. Versys-650-Copenhagen.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

I just removed one of mine, and looked at the "bolt". It should have a part of it (attached to the head) that fits CLOSELY into the vertical 'slot' that the windshield slides UP or DOWN in, to 'locate' it. IF yours doesn't look like that then something has failed on your bolt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:welcome: aboard!

I just removed one of mine, and looked at the "bolt". It should have a part of it (attached to the head) that fits CLOSELY into the vertical 'slot' that the windshield slides UP or DOWN in, to 'locate' it. IF yours doesn't look like that then something has failed on your bolt.
Thanks - I will try it out

/ Henrik

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

I'm not sure I understand this 2 post rule, before someone become a "real" member....

So a reply (like this) is not a "post" ?

/Henrik

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Henrik - Aalborg here :)

And yes, it's a bit confusing, but after posting a few times in this thread, a day or two will pass, and you will be able to post in other parts of the forum as well.

Congratulations on your bike! No easy fix from me for the windscreen issue - mine has had all the "plastic" removed, so my only windshield is my visor :)

·
Premium Member
9,107 Posts
Hi

I'm not sure I understand this 2 post rule, before someone become a "real" member....

So a reply (like this) is not a "post" ?

/Henrik
Read the https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/205361-valuable-links-wizard-member-intro.html

And don't feel bad, for me it is frustrating, as the owners of this site were to have a explanation in the sign up thread, you are like the third person this week with this question, obviously if that many question this, something needs further explanation. I have added Full Member explanation in that link, there is a wealth of information in the stickies of Member Intro, everything from posting photos to the right side bar and PM for sale adds. This has been a work in progress and refinement over several years by me, the fact questions pop up, forces me to refine more. The Please Read I hope gets through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts