Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon everybody - I was told I have to post at least twice in order to make the forum gods happy... so here we go!

New rider - just picked up a 2007 Versys 650.. looking to put some good mileage on it. Enjoying it so far, and really liking the sport itself.

Live in Alberta, Canada... and yeah.. That's the quick and dirty version :)

:hia:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Post #2!

I'll grab a picture of my bike and put it up sometime... some of the things I'm looking at doing to the bike are (in no particular order):

Add Heated Grips
Add BarkBusters
Remove the lowering kit that's currently on there (I'm 6'2.. no need for a lowering kit..heh)

Don't really need a whole lot else I don't think..it's already got Givi bags, Givi windshield... so I'm ready for long-rides into the sunset.. :)

There... 2 posts. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Afternoon everybody - I was told I have to post at least twice in order to make the forum gods happy... so here we go!

New rider - just picked up a 2007 Versys 650.. looking to put some good mileage on it. Enjoying it so far, and really liking the sport itself.

Live in Alberta, Canada... and yeah.. That's the quick and dirty version :)

:hia:
Welcome from even farther north! If you want to put FUN some miles on it, scoot on up to Dawson City next weekend for the D2D festivities. It's always a blast :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
Welcome from even farther north! If you want to put FUN some miles on it, scoot on up to Dawson City next weekend for the D2D festivities. It's always a blast :thumb:
Hey Jeff - unfortunately I'm NOT able to 'do' D2D this year. Take pics of all the Vs and post 'em up once you get back to Palmer, and ride SAFE!

:goodluck:

And welcome to our new Albertan (from an OLD Albertan - moved to BC three years and 11 days ago).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow...Google Maps says it is a 33hr trip. Guess that's not a weekend trip for me! LOL

Having said that, I do play to make it up there one of these days.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow...Google Maps says it is a 33hr trip. Guess that's not a weekend trip for me! LOL

Having said that, I do play to make it up there one of these days.
Maybe plan that next year or something Bubba?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'll really like sw-motech engine bars the first and subsiquent times you lay it on its side. Also rear spool stand for maintenance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
The bike actually came with engine bars, which is good, cause I decided to try laying it down leaving my buddies parking lot first time riding it out.. lol Hit some gravel and the wrong brake.. Oops! Wasn't even going fast enough to do more than scuff the bar.

Spool stand will be on the list when I have a garage for said maintenance. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,140 Posts
...Wasn't even going fast enough to do more than scuff the bar....
The "quick'n'easy" fix = put some electricians tape over the scuff. You won't even see it!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts