Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being a new rider some at times i notice that when i ride i feel a little off. meaning that it just seems like every move i make could be better. (shifting, braking, turning... ect) but this afternoon was probably my most enjoyable ride so far. it is about 70 here in NE ohio the sun is shining the leaves are bright and colorful. i set out to an area that is full of turns and hills and straights. i tell ya i was on today! nothing could faze me. the bikes were everywhere. i caught up with a group of 3 harleys (with their respective 'ol ladies) and followed. they turned down a road i have never been on which was uphill and was left, right left, right!!! but even though i only have about 3 months and 2600 miles under my belt. i felt like i could have easily gone faster. this part of the journey ends with the bike in front of me honking his horn and passenger waving her arms to get the attention of the two lead riders. they quickly pull off the road. i pass and turn around only to chuckle to myself... "that big 'ol loud hog just broke down" i would have stopped but i figured he must be used to it.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Sounds like you're getting to know your bike! Good! And getting comfortable, also good!! Just be careful not to get TOO overconfident.

Have fun with it, take your time, but don't be afraid to stretch your legs a little when you're feeling good....

Good story!

·
Registered
97 Posts
being a new rider some at times i notice that when i ride i feel a little off. meaning that it just seems like every move i make could be better. (shifting, braking, turning... ect) but this afternoon was probably my most enjoyable ride so far. it is about 70 here in NE ohio the sun is shining the leaves are bright and colorful.
skullroses - I live in NE Ohio as well (Lake County). Let me know if you ever want to go for a ride. I have about the same miles ridden this year as well (after a 22+ year break from motorcycles). I haven't seen any other Versys in the area (or ever on the road for that matter!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts