Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Al asked me on Friday if I wanted to ride up to Cruso N.C. to Blueridge Campground for a Guzzi rally. Of course I am all about going for a ride. Got up at 5am on Sat. grabbed a cup of coffee and off I went. It was foggy and really cool. Could not see more then 50 foot at times. The deer were out in full force. Just getting to Blairsville was a drain. Meet up with Al at Mulky Gap road and we headed to N.C. and it was foggy damn near the whole way to Franklin. We were damp and cold but enjoyed every minute of it. We got to the campgound about 9am or so. Walked around looking at bikes and then had some gravy and biscuit and another cup of coffee. The campground is in a great location on hwy 276 just a few miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. 276 is a nice road a little bumpy but nothing you cannot live with. We hung around for a while and headed to Hendersonville to an open house at Moto Nexus motorsports. A small dealership but very nice people. Had a free lunch and headed back towards Ga. ,Al had never been on hwy 107 and really enjoyed it. It was another great ride that was somewhere around 350 miles. We went through three climate changes during the day ,from cold and damp to hot and sunny and then spring like showers in the evening. The Versys and Vstrom make great bikes for these kind of rides. We did have a little fun avoiding a ticket on 180. We met an unmarked car near Vogel and he slammed on his brakes and tried to turn around by that time we were gone. Al can haul ass on 180 so it was all I could to keep him from running over me. He has to be the best rider that I know. I would call Sat. a perfect 10. :thumb:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looked like a great ride. Wish i was still healthy enough to make the Guzzi ralleys. Great people and low key. Guzzi was the best and most trouble free bikes i have ever owned. Traveled all over on them. Just the dealership network is so small and far between. Went to the Versys for the lighter weight and works great for my short 100 mile rides now. Glad you had a good ride and avoided a ticket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts