Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After working on Saturday, attending a wedding reception that evening ( and shuttling people from the reception to the hotel at 1230am :) ) and helping my wife pack up a few things to go to her moms on Sunday, i was at a loss on what to do on Sunday afternoon.

So I took a nap.

Woke up at 530pm and it was still HOT (okay it was 88 degrees, which is hot for Denver!) so I decided to take a ride.

Ended up on top of guanella pass at sunset. 11,600 feet Snd about 40 - 45 degrees cooler than in town. Saw a total of six cars on the entire 24 mile stretch of 'pass'. Was a great ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for rotating the picture- still not sure why it looks fine on my iphone but shows up sideways when I attach it!

I'm a little disappointed.... you didn't climb Bierstadt while you were up there? :D
I'm not anywhere near being in 'climbing shape' (or even hiking shape), but I WILL climb to the top of Mt. Evans the next time we ride up to the summit. LOL. Besides, I just had my mesh jacket and it was cooling down fast once the sun went down.

·
Super Moderator
19,595 Posts
Thanks for rotating the picture- still not sure why it looks fine on my iphone but shows up sideways when I attach it!...
Normally that happens because you've selected 'automatically rotate' pics. I stopped that on my camera for the reason that you are thinking of.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Can't go wrong in the mountains here! Just gotta look out for the damn bicycles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts