Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since mountainrider doesn't seem inclined to quit posting all these pics of the beautiful North GA scenery, I guess I should come down from NC and take a look for myself. :)

Seriously, I will be passing through North GA on Saturday morning, 11/8 en route to Columbus to visit my mom. I have already talked to mountainrider, sharrison56 and danomar about connecting for a ride (plus a little horsetrading :thumb:).

Is there anyone else out there that wants to join in? I'd really like to take advantage of the chance to put some faces to the names here.

We don't have any hard and fast plans yet. All I know is that I will be in the area either overnight on that Friday night or early in the morning on Saturday. Mountainrider suggested meeting at T.W.O. in Suches, which seems like as good a place as any (especially since there's a decent chance I'll be camping there).

I will have to leave the group at about noon to head onto Columbus, but I'd like to get a few hours of riding in if folks don't mind meeting a little on the early side. How does 8am sound? If that's too early, someone speak up and we can adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I am planning to be there and need to leave by noon as well.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoops! I just realized I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. I did not realize that there is a Member Rides forum and a Group Rides forum.

Mods, please move the thread if possible.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you are riding back through on Sunday and would like to meet up or if anyone is riding in the GA., East TN., or N.C. area gine me a shout. I ride about every Sunday if possible. Or on Wed. About every time I go over Cherahola or deals gap area I see another V but always going in the opposite direction. Would like to meet up and ride if anyone interested.:thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright folks, just a few days away. Definitely room for a few more riders if anyone can work it out.

I haven't heard any complaints about meeting at 8am, so we'll go with that.

8am at TWO in Suches

See you all there.

Chris

·
Registered
371 Posts
hmmmmmmmm.

I may be able to make this.

Anyone mind if I bring some non-V riding friends?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmmmmmm.

I may be able to make this.

Anyone mind if I bring some non-V riding friends?
Bring 'em on. How else are we going to convert people unless we let them see what they're missing. ;)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I am am planning to be there.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll definitely be there. Rain or shine. Current weather forecast looks like it will be sunny but a little cooler than it has been. Nothin' an extra layer of clothes won't fix though.

See you guys there. Looking very forward to seeing these awesome North GA roads that I've heard so much about.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I got some last Saturday, but haven't tried them out yet. Will definitely have them on Saturday morning. Are you going up 400 Saturday morning?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I will be hitting 400 in Alpharetta if you want to meet.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Does TWO serve breakfast...I suspect many of us will need a little something and some hot coffee at 8am.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
It takes about an hour from Alpharetta to TWO, so around 7am at Old Milton Parkway and 400?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts