Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, and welcome to my introductory thread. Yesterday, I became the proud owner of a black and yellow 2012 Kawasaki Versys. Seeing as I spent many hours on this forum, I thought it would be appropriate for me to join when I got my bike. Here's a little bit about me:

I live in beautiful, and currently very cold, Layton, Utah with my parents. I'm currently a freshman at Weber State University, and I am currently planing to major in Anthropology. I work at Walmart full-time, which pays for my school and bike. This Versys is my first bike, so I'm still learning how to ride and fix it. I have my hand guards and crash bars in the mail, and plan on getting saddlebags in the future. I'm looking forward to meeting some cool people and maybe going on some rides when it warms up.

·
Premium Member
16,141 Posts
:welcome: A good way to meet groups to ride with in your area is through http://www.meetup.com/ I found several good groups in my area that way.Enjoy the new bike and post some photos.:thumb:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome. In Sandy here, dying for spring. Utah has so much good riding, and you have the ideal bike to rack up some miles.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome! I hope you're loving your new V as much as I am! I too just picked up a 2012 a few weeks ago. Coolest thing ever.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you are looking for some cold weather riding gear, check out Gerbing Gear. It works well, heats up great, and it will keep you toasty warm on the cold cold days. It is also rain resistant so even if you get caught out in a storm you will stay dry and warm inside.

I like that color scheme somthing fierce, I might have to get mine painted!

Welcome :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
:welcome:
Traveled out to Zion National Park back in 2010 and couldn't get over how beautiful the scenery is. The only thing missing was on that trip my Versys....
Hope I get a chance to ride out there some day.
Enjoy your new bike!!:thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome fellow Weber Stater, graduated from that fine institution many many years ago. Grew up in the Ogden area myself. Congrats on the new bike:thumb: Lots of great places to ride in the area. Hurry up spring!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome!

Do you get employee discounts for buying stuff at WalMart? There's a specific WalMart oil filter that many V riders swear by it, and it comes cheap too.

I love shopping at WalMart at 1am when there's less crowd during my college years. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts