Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here from SE Michigan. I've been reading the forum since I bought my bike back in July. Back in 2010 I sat on a new Versys at a dealer about a week before graduating college. I wanted to buy one then for my graduation present but life got in the way. Back in July I got the opportunity to trade my Harley for a 2009 Versys and I haven't looked back since. I even managed to get my favorite color too, Candy Plasma Blue!

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I came from a Buell Blast, then to a Harley Sportster 883 and now finally to the Versys. There was a really steep learning curve coming from the relatively heavy and underpowered XL883 to the V. One of the first things I learned is that the V requires a much smoother throttle input, especially when coming out of slow 1st gear turns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:welcome:to the best forum going
I just took a trip through Canada back in February. I rode the Versys from Detroit over to see Niagara Falls and back on a relatively warm Saturday... relatively warm. The high was 45F (7C) but I hadn't really thought about the fact that it wouldn't be that warm at 7am when I left. Oh well, it was a really cool trip and a pretty good story to tell.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
...One of the first things I learned is that the V requires a much smoother throttle input, especially when coming out of slow 1st gear turns.
:welcome: aboard!

We have quite a few tight-hairpins in BC, and I find myself standing on the footpegs a lot while going around them - it REALLY allows me to move my weight around w/out sliding the bike, and more stable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts