Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 Versys 650 LT new and have done many mods to suit my style of riding.Most of it learned from this excellent forum.I started riding in the 70s,my first bike was a 175 Ducati streetbike.I rode to Toronto and back to BC through the northern States on it.After that epic,its all gravy!Also had a Honda 750 for a while after that,a fine bike.So I got back into motorcycling again in my sixties,I was having dreams about it.Man machine,it gets into your DNA.
I was drawn to the Versys 650 when I started shopping.I like a twin engine and that was a start.I was not disappointed,all that in a motorcycle engine that uses only two litres of oil!Very dependable machine,a key for me.I have come to appreciate Kawasakis no nonsense approach to engineering,no brag just fact.Simple is better.It is a philosophy that I use in many applications in life,For me the technology is the juice.I don't care for noisy bikes and if the quiet Versys uses the muffler noise to generate compression and HP all the better.I don't use earplugs but foam inserts in the helmut ear wells.I like to listen to the engine and watch the tach,no visual gear indicator.The 650 is a frisky pony and for single rider touring Ive never run out of Umph.I personally like obscure twisty paved roads and last summer I did several trips and loops around Washington state.Old school,paper map and camping.If weathers crummy on the coast I go inland.BC has some majestic riding but not as much pavement.Last couple of years Ive been smoked out in the summer forest fires in BC.I get my offroad fix riding my mountain bike and my electric 29er mountain bike that I built from a kit.My garage is a 2 wheel working shrine now.
I'm looking forward to sharing my mods and amateur engineering solutions with you all!

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Sorry, but old post had our friend with the unwelcome likes. I deleted that thread. You need to update this thread, to get your post count back up to 2.

·
Premium Member
16,216 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,587 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea,I came through the Okanagan a couple of weeks ago during that hot spell doing a raging river tour.Last year I went east from Vernon to the ferry and Nakusp,that was very fine motorcycling.Wanna do that again and further east this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts