Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Looking forward to bouncing ideas off of you, and sharing some of our trips.

My wife and I are ADV enthusiasts just N of Toronto.

I have a 2016 KLR 650 and my wife rides a 2017 Versys 300X.

So far the KLR has a Corbin seat, Barkbusters, SW Motech Skid plate and engine guards, and Oxford heated grips.

The Versys we have put on engine guards and a center stand, but will be adding a skid plate, Barkbusters and upgrading the lighting as well.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
Plans this year are to try to get somewhere interesting, such as James Bay Highway, Trans Labrador Highway, or ship to Calgary, go through the Rockies and back home.

But just trying to plan - good thing have lots of time because of winter 馃檪

Premium Member

Registered
Welcome aboard.

I traveled the James Bay highway on my C-10 Connie back in '08 or 9. Cool trip, though not necessarily technical riding. Some side trips on the dirt roads would likely be rewarding but do take note of the gasoline situation noted below.

I camped at the provincial campground on the way up and down(just north of Matagami), stayed at some sort of city/private CG in Radisson. Plenty of supplies there and also a large Co-op super market at the big tent mall in Chisassibi(sp?). Do ride over to the actual James Bay. A photo of your bikes parked on the beach at low tide is a prerequisite. I've been told that riding on the beach below the high tide line puts you officially in Nunavit.

The only English signs I saw were at the little road side campgrounds asking for a donation and at the check in/out station.
This was quite disappointing when you pulled off to read those info panels at different pull offs. They were only in French and Cree.

BTW, unless something has changed, there is 240 Miles to the next gas stop heading north from Matagami.

Have fun up there.

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
We were out riding Mon & Tues this week. 8 C on Mon and -3 C on Tues. Short rides, but still fun to get out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts