Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am the proud owner of my first bike, 100% mine, a 2007 Versys.

First addition will be crash bars, anyone else have any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,198 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome. Heated grips are a good investment , and higher windshield, a better seat and the list goes on. Although I don't think the stock disappoints either ,it's still a capable machine. I've been farkling mine since 2010 and almost done with it. But I've said that before.:)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa!

I have the sw motech bars on my '08, and like them. And if I can install them, anyone can. I purchased mine through A Vicious Cycle (www.aviciouscycle.ca), which is relatively local. They carry a pretty good selection of aftermarket parts for the V.

Dave C

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
:welcome: lots of positive suggestions on this forum -------ATGATT would go with the crash bars---------I have a 07 just west of you.

:cheers:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Good choice on crash bars as first farkle. I didn't go that route and a scratched fairing and bent rear brake lever later I saw the light. Sliders for the rear axle never hurt either and actually soft saddlebags can help protect in slow/no speed drops as well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Greetings from SW Ontario.

I agree crash bars good first farkle. Then I would consider adding hand guards and heated grips.

FYI a great local dealer is Blue Streak Racing, he is also a twisted throttle dealer and about 20% cheaper than a vicious cycle. If you are on GTAM, you will see Blue Streak has great reviews.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Welcome from Ottawa. Crash bars and bigger shield (VStream) and heated grips (Oxford) or heated gloves (even warmer but more expensive).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Ottawa as well. Where are you purchasing your parts for the Versys 1000 (assuming you have the 1000).

·
Super Moderator
19,462 Posts
Hello All,

I am the proud owner of my first bike, 100% mine, a 2007 Versys.

First addition will be crash bars, anyone else have any recommendations?

Thanks!
Greetings from SW Ontario.

I agree crash bars good first farkle. Then I would consider adding hand guards....
Yes - hand-guards to protect hands and levers along w/ the crash-bars...:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts