Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've hit the road with my new V and have made it to Grand Junction CO. My plan is to head to AK (Fairbanks and prolly Arctic Circle run). I did some advanced planning but didn't want to overthink it. I'm picking the route as I go, and keeping myself off the clock.

I'm trying to hit as many campgrounds as possible to keep some money in my pocket so if anyone knows good places along the PCH, let me know!

Also, I'm thinking about switching out the stock rubber for something a bit more sturdy while I'm visiting a friend in Thousand Oaks. If anyone knows of a good shop in the TO/Burbank area that can get me in and out that would help me out a lot! I'll try to sort through the tire threads to decide which set will make the most sense. That being said, anyone who has traveled the Dalton highway and wants to make a recommendation I'm all ears.

Thanks gang!

Mitch
2009 Green Machine

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Mitch. Send me a PM when you get around Bellingham, WA (last stop before Canada). Got to ride with Gary before he went so South America...I would be sweet to catch one with you too.

Bob

·
Registered
200 Posts
Howdy Meyatch69.

I'll begin heading north toward AK and the Haul Rd Monday, at the latest.

If we don't cross paths, have a safe and outstanding trip!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Watch out for sightseeing cagers crossing the line on you on the PCH. Sounds like a great trip! My wife and I stay in hotels, so sorry I can't recommend any campgrounds. If you have time, make sure you ride up to the Mesa in Grand Junction. There was just incredible views and peace of mind standing on the edge looking down. Also, "Rock Rim" drive is just a fantastic road through the Colorado National Monument. All in Grand Junction.
Have fun! Keep us updated on the trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts