Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently shopping for a used Versys in this area.

First bike is a '13 FJR1300 which is a wonderful sport-tourer, but I'd like to have something as a second (lighter) bike for short hops and fun.

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What part of TX and what price range?
I'm in Tyler.

Since it's going to be a second, "fun" bike, I'm looking mostly at 2008-09 bikes to keep the price at a level where my wife is happy that I haven't spent a bunch on top of what the FJR cost me.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio.

·
Super Moderator
19,160 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Welcome!

I nose around the Triumph (Harley) dealer in Tyler now and then. Is there a Team Green dealer there?
There is. Good Time Cycles on Front Street. I don't go there much unless I need a part. They have a no test ride policy whereas the Yamaha dealer here trusts me enough to let me ride unsupervised anything they have in stock.

The Harley/Triumph dealer is another story. Neither my Tiger 955i nor my Rocket III would ever make a trip to their service dept. The sales folks and owners are pretty nice though and they've let me try out a few Triumphs over the years.

Welcome. Deals are out there, and these bikes are quite reliable.
Shameless plug: mine happens to be for sale. If you're going to pay $3.5-4k for a first gen, spend the extra $500 ($4500) for mine. Your wife will understand.
:grin2:
Here is the link, and I'm in Texas!-CLICK--->http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/23-sale/95809-my-2012-a.html
That's a nice 2012 Rick. If I didn't already have the FJR, I'd be looking for one like that or slightly newer. My budget, however, is dictated by whatever cash I have at the moment in my motorcycle/gun/scuba fund.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm scheduled to go check out (and quite likely buy) an '08 with 10K miles this afternoon.

More to come..............:wink2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts