Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I have recently bought a near new used 2013 Grey Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (full power)in Sydney Australia. I am here to share my experience of ownership and as well as keep you posted of any rides that I do here in Australia. Also would like to meet Aussie mates through this forum for a ride.

I am not new to riding. Started riding with a 110 CC (Kawasaki), 350 CC (Royal Enfield) and 500 CC (Royal Enfield) back in India.

I have done some fair bit of touring in India. The longest ride being 920 Kms in a span of 15 hours. I have also done rides in the Himalayas along with friends in a bike group.

The Versys is by far the most powerful bike that I have owned. The things that I like are the upright ergo and strong low and mid range torque.

I was contemplating of buying a Honda CB500X and test rode one. But changed my mind as soon as I rode the Versys. I truly believe that this bike lives up to the expectations of its dual purpose intent i.e Commuter and a tourer.

Below is me on my bike :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from Alaska:usa: I've had my new 2011 since spring and have put nearly 6000 miles on it and have enjoyed most of them!:D I went the ADVersys route with mine and it has NOT disappointed me in any terrain I've had it on.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
:welcome: from the other side of the globe -Texas, USA.

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome aboard!
I've put over 35,000 km on my 2010 ABS, even though only riding about once every few weeks.
Picked up the bike (s/hand) to do LD riding, great fuel consumption, comfy upright position, and no trouble holding (legal) speeds for - literally - days on end. Latest LD ride was 2,000 km in 24 hours!

So - a good Touring bike. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts