Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m from South Africa and ride a versus 650 mk2, love the bike having a slight issue with the front rotors and that’s how I discovered this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All started with a slight grinding noise coming from the rotors.
Disassembled the brakes and gave everything a good clean, reassembled and the noise was less but not gone.
Went to my local agents and they said my discs are warped.
Started searching the net and found out about the bobbins that get all packed up with gunk so I decided to try that and while I was busy at the front I replaced the pads too.
Took a good look at the calipers and saw that the one rubber boot on the pin wasn’t properly in place, repacked the boot with a bit of lube and made sure the boot was how it should be.
Still have a bit of a scrap coming from the front but compared to how it was it’s a massive improvement.

·
Premium Member
7,883 Posts
All started with a slight grinding noise coming from the rotors.
Disassembled the brakes and gave everything a good clean, reassembled and the noise was less but not gone.
Went to my local agents and they said my discs are warped.
Started searching the net and found out about the bobbins that get all packed up with gunk so I decided to try that and while I was busy at the front I replaced the pads too.
Took a good look at the calipers and saw that the one rubber boot on the pin wasn’t properly in place, repacked the boot with a bit of lube and made sure the boot was how it should be.
Still have a bit of a scrap coming from the front but compared to how it was it’s a massive improvement.

Give it a few kilometers of ride and see how it sounds. Keep informed. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to be servicing the calipers soon, and a few other odds and ends. Will report back when I have completed that stage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So done some general maintenance today on the rear end, remove the back tyre and noticed that the chain adjustment locking nuts were looking a bit rounded, decided to replace.
Screwed the bolt out of the swing arm and discovered that I had water in the swingarm. Removed the chain and gave it a good clean and checked all links and o-rings, lubed it up with wax and refitted.
Up front I attended to the calipers and cleaned the pistons and freed them up a little.
Took a small test run and bike felt good.

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
So done some general maintenance today on the rear end, remove the back tyre and noticed that the chain adjustment locking nuts were looking a bit rounded, decided to replace.
Screwed the bolt out of the swing arm and discovered that I had water in the swingarm. Removed the chain and gave it a good clean and checked all links and o-rings, lubed it up with wax and refitted.
Up front I attended to the calipers and cleaned the pistons and freed them up a little.
Took a small test run and bike felt good.
Glad to hear that you're making it better/safer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts