Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've been reading the forum for a long time now trying to decide if I want to buy a Versys, what parts should I add to or remove from it to make it the best bike (for me) and now here I am, joining this community while I'm waiting for my '11 V to show on my doorstep.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
:welcome:Nothing to add and nothing to remove....just enjoy you ride first, then decide how you want your ride to be..:goodluck:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:welcome:Nothing to add and nothing to remove....just enjoy you ride first, then decide how you want your ride to be..:goodluck:
Thank you for the welcome! As for adding or removing, ~3 months spent reading various post here, on ADVRider or kawiforums, reviews over the internet made me think that there are a few things that will make my ride smoother. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
This is obviously subjective but here's my recommendations....

1. swing arm spools (cheap on ebay) and a rear track stand. Since there is no center stand you will need one for cleaning and maintenance tasks
  2. Crash Bars -
    , these will protect the bike in a tip over or minor crash. They will also save your foot if the bike falls on top of it.
    . My SW-Motech bars have paid for themselves many times over in preventing damage to the bike.
  3. Hard saddle bags or a top case is a very nice to have feature if you use the bike for commuting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is obviously subjective but here's my recommendations....

1. swing arm spools (cheap on ebay) and a rear track stand. Since there is no center stand you will need one for cleaning and maintenance tasks
  2. Crash Bars - SW-Motech, these will protect the bike in a tip over or minor crash. They will also save your foot if the bike falls on top of it. Givi - SW-Motech Comparison. My SW-Motech bars have paid for themselves many times over in preventing damage to the bike.
  3. Hard saddle bags or a top case is a very nice to have feature if you use the bike for commuting
Thank you for your recommendations and it looks like you're a mind reader! :D The SWM crash bar was the first item on my list, followed by the swingarm spools and handguards. For commuting I have only bought a saddlebag for now, in the future I'll see what I'll be needing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
More lighting. The versys' rear lights are small. If you have a top box, make sure those are fitted with aux lights (riding lights/brakes) IMHO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts