Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi V ers,
I ride a `88 VT1100C with 85K miles. I put on ~5k miles a year commuting. It's a good bike for what I use it for but I'd like to get something that has ABS and is lighter, newer, etc. I threw my leg over a VLT 650 at a dealer a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to fit. The clutch didn't feel as smooth or light as the V-Strom 650 that was setting next to it (or my Shadow). This week I attended a Suzuki Demo Days event and rode a V-Strom 650 XT, which was wonderful (clutch was very light and had good feed back, etc). Now I'm looking for an opportunity to ride the V650. I can't think of any other bikes that offers ABS and are as Versatile in this price range. The NC700X would be a contender if it had ABS as a stand alone option.
I'm hoping to do some overnight trips and would like to be able to comfortably ride on gravel roads as well.
Cheers,

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi fasteddiecopeman, I already had found (and much enjoyed) your trip report. I especially appreciated the camping aspect. It helps me envision making this happen for myself, although I wouldn't try anything that ambitious at this point.

I am curious as to your Tourance 130/80 rear on the front. Do you do this for longer wear? What tires would you recommend for 90% street, 10% forest service roads?
Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts