Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, my name is Francisco, AKA "Mitch", I live in a small town in north west Patagonia Argentina, called San Martin de los Andes (SMA ---> MitchSMA). About 30k people live over here, this is a turistic village so we get plenty of bikers on summer, and skiers on winter. I have a group of about 20 friends who enjoy motorcycling and usually we plan rides around the country and near countrys like Chile, Bolivia, Peru and Uruguay. I'm also intersted on Ham Radio (active mainly on CW), FSX and firearms.
I have just bought a brand new Blue Versys and made the first 350+km on it from the place I bought it (nearest Kawasaki dealer, 450 km away). I'm delighted with the V and hope to really enjoy it.
Here's a picture of it, on the way home. Added a Kappa Windshield at the dealer as first farkle. Great choice!!!

I'm 37 and started riding on bike at 24, since then, I've own:
1999 Yamaha YZ125, sold
2002 Honda CR250, Sold
2005 Honda CBX 250 twister, sold
2001 Honda Transalp 650 sold
2007 Honda CRF 250 sold
2007 BMW F800ST sold
2008 BMW R1200GS sold
2009 Yamaha WR250R sold
2010 Kasaki KX250F sold
2006 Yamaha Dragstar 650 sold
2013 Kawasaki Versys in use.

By the year 2010 I had 3 bikes on my garage (the BMW R1200GS, the WR and the KX) and was really fun, but then I broke my knee on a stupid accident moving a bike inside the garage, surgery, and bye bye motocross and R1200GS (too heavy for my weakened knee). Just a few days ago I sold both the WR and the dragstar to unify both bikes in one, versatile. Here we have plenty gravel roads so I'll be doing some of those with the V, not planning to do all gravel, but if on the way I found 30-50 or 100km of gravel I will get through it with the V.
I also do some mechanics (in fact my bikes had never gone to a shop, I've always done all, from suspension to full disassembly on a motocrosser to change a crank, except of course of BMWs that requiered official service due to warranty and computer scan) so I read and learn a lot of bikes problems on forums. Hope to be helpfull on that to someone.
Well enough for now, we are on winter over here so just wishing snow to melt so I can go riding the V.
Mitch

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome Mitch and im also waiting for the warmer weather but we still getting 15 celcius some winter days which is a pleasant ride.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
:welcome:

90 degree days and near 100% humidity at times so summer is definitely here! ;)

·
Banned
895 Posts
Hi Mitch, maybe Versys Owners Club North America should do a holiday/home/bike swap with Versys owners South America!?!?!?!?:clap:

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts