Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone! Im a brand new rider,:welcome: and brought my 2012 Versys home yesterday! Im so excited to learn about my machine and hit the road this summer! I have hard saddlebags, but still looking for the best trunk/rack set-up....not easy on the 2012 as Kawasaki doesnt recommend trunks and saddles. Maybe a canvas seatbag? :dgi:

·
Registered
197 Posts
:welcome: and good choice!

I just bought a 2012 V a couple months ago and am lovin' it. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome: Not an issue having hardbags and topcase. Plenty of threads on it,

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Maybe a canvas seatbag? :dgi:
It is because of an issue with their mounting brackets, one interferes with the other. A better option wrt mounting brackets is the SW-Motech brackets, they are also quick to remove. Check them out at aviciouscycle.ca or twisted throttle.

I have the Givi top case and love it but if I was to do it again would purchase the SW-Motech rack instead of the Givi rack for it. The Givi mount is heavy steel while the SW-Motech mount is lighter aluminum. The SW-Motech rack also replaces the relatively heavy stock hand holds on the bike further reducing weight.

·
Registered
538 Posts
:welcome:

Nice ride, I picked up a 2012 a couple of months ago and it's been a blast so far!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
It is because of an issue with their mounting brackets, one interferes with the other. A better option wrt mounting brackets is the SW-Motech brackets, they are also quick to remove. Check them out at aviciouscycle.ca or twisted throttle.

I have the Givi top case and love it but if I was to do it again would purchase the SW-Motech rack instead of the Givi rack for it. The Givi mount is heavy steel while the SW-Motech mount is lighter aluminum. The SW-Motech rack also replaces the relatively heavy stock hand holds on the bike further reducing weight.
Is the aluminium one strong enough to handle everyday riding?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Welcome, from London.
I have Givi racks for my '09, for side bags and a top case, and they fit together brilliantly.

:welcome:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi there,
I've started with a givi v46 on sw motech toprack and switched to sw motech trax evo sidecases because I wanted to haul more stuff for longer trips. It's functional, doesn't affect handling, waterproof, easily removable, lockable, durable, all the good stuff. Mine has led strips installed on it ( drilled through the box) for extra visibility. But since I'm parting with the versys soon and if it's a trade in, they will be for sale along with some other goodies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts