Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the add.

It's been 15 years since my last bike, and this will be my 5th bike overall. '73 KE175 as a teenager, '82 GS400S, '83 GPz 550 (sweet sweet bike), '84 GPz750, '84 CB900 Custom.

In the past my choice of bike has been very much driven by affordability so they've always been in need of love and attention. This time I could afford pretty much whatever I wanted (fuel injection, YES!!!) although I am frugal by nature so 2nd hand with low km was the goal.

I've never gone so long without a bike and springtime was getting harder and harder seeing all the bikes come out of storage. After a lot of research over the past six months and consideration of how I will be using my new bike...and a very understanding and encouraging wife... I settled on a 2015 Versys650 with 5000km on the odo. In the past I really enjoyed multi-day travel and camping, and I look forward to that again. I just ordered hard saddlebags and a top case. My wife will join me for day trips and the occasional overnighter or long weekend staying in Airbnb's.

My first ride was 1 1/2hrs in rain and 6°C temps from picking up the bike at the seller's place, and I absolutely loved it (although my 20yr old rain pants leak in the crotch apparently...). It's still cold here but I've done short rides the past couple days and couldn't be happier.

Looking forward to scouring the forum for advice and tips, very glad to be here and back on two wheels.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
545 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on getting back into riding!

Reactions: stefandmig

·
Registered
09 v650, 00'r1150gs, 83' r80rt
219 Posts
Welcome from the middle of nowhere, out here isnt exactly the wild wild west. Far from it. In fact the most "wild" it gets out here is the truck drivers going the wrong direction on the interstate.
Cloud Sky Automotive tire Font Facade

Took this the other day heading back from Sydney Nebraska. Sorry the bumper sticker wouldn't stick here. Well it did, but only on the monitor..

·
Registered
X300 2021, black/ grey, stock, Kawi OEM Tupperware hard cases, givi crashbars
18 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, and cheers for living my Nova Scotia dream.
Vacationed 6 times there, never felt so at home.
Actually bought my X300 thinking about riding the trail on the outside.
( you know the one I mean), take care.

·
Super Moderator
21,363 Posts
That trail is "the Cabot Trail". Done it a couple of times. BIT of a chore from Alberta/ BC.

·
Super Moderator
21,363 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts