Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

I'm new here. I just picked up a new to me 2011 Versys this afternoon. I'll try to get picture up tomorrow, but wanted to get the obligatory intro post here and say hello!

I haven't ridden regularly in several years and am very excited to be back in the saddle...

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a one-time resident of Alamogordo at the foot of the Sacramento Mountains. Even though we were at 4500 feet we were 5000 feet below Cloudcroft only 20 miles away. Not there any longer since my bride retired from the USAF, but still enjoy going back now and then. Land of Enchantment after all!

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!

Arion - We are at about ~7200 feet. Coincidentally, my dad was born in Alamogordo and I had family there up until a few years ago. My grandfather used to live in "Alamo-Rosa" east of the old (now closed) truck stop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Onewizard - Thanks for sharing the two Must Reads. I have gone over those just now, and since I didn't come back right away after my initial post, I'll wait to try to share a photo.

In keeping with the spirit of the rules, a few more details about my bike are:
23k miles, came with a few farkles: taller smoke windscreen, SWMotec skidplate, GIVI monokey side and rear racks but no luggage, Corbin seat, aux power outlet.

So far, I have cleaned, lubed and adjusted the chain and given the bike a bath. Getting insurance quotes now and will go register and get a plate tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Welcome aboard from a former Albuquerquian. Lived there 10 years and loved it. We used to camp in the Jemez, and did a lot of bicycling up that way. Northern NM is uniquely beautiful!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Fly-Sig! I agree, the Jemez are some of my favorite mountains, even after all the fires we've had...
Holler if you ever make it back this way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts