Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all from Canada. My name is Al, Im 50, and just bought a 2007 Versys today. I decided to check out the forum for helpful tips about this great bike. I traded my 04 Suzuki Marauder 1600 for this Versys and couldn't be happier. This is my 6th bike, 3rd Kawasaki. Had a Z750 and a ZX14 before going to Cruisers. But I got bored so decided to change riding styles.

So that's it for now. Looking forward to reading your topics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I am so happy so far with this bike. My back thanks me every time I get on compared with my Marauder.

Now it needs some mods to make it my own... ;o)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello from Vancouver Island. My dad was from NB - still have lots of relatives there, mostly in Jemseg - their 500 acres is on Grand Lake - used to go there every summer. There is a good reason why it is called The Picture Province. Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful spot. I miss it. Family cottage was nearby in Point du Chene.

Don't forget to download service manual and get a spool stand for basic maintenance like chain adjustment and lubrication.
Small world...

Yeah I was able to grab a stand for peanuts on Facebook. Spools already on it so Im good to go. Have to get used to a chain again after 2 shaft drive bikes...so clean and maintenance free, gonna miss that...

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
.... Have to get used to a chain again after 2 shaft drive bikes...so clean and maintenance free, gonna miss that...
An easy way of remembering i find is lube every second fill up and hit with chain brush and kerosene (diesel or wd40) when dirty). Keeping chain slack at 3cm helps too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, from Gatineau Québec!

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Beautiful spot. I miss it. Family cottage was nearby in Point du Chene.

Don't forget to download service manual and get a spool stand for basic maintenance like chain adjustment and lubrication.
Where could I download the service manual for my versys 650 2017? (Thanks in advance.)

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello from Vancouver Island. My dad was from NB - still have lots of relatives there, mostly in Jemseg - their 500 acres is on Grand Lake - used to go there every summer. There is a good reason why it is called The Picture Province. Enjoy your new ride!
Jemseg is about an hour and half from where I live. Beautiful country for sure!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts