Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Greetings from the Versys 650 '12 owner from Moscow. Spending the cold and snowy winter (actually not yet:) ) on the web XD
Also own another Kawasaki motorcycle - Ninja 250 for my wife. I'm glad to join the community and looking forward to new friends all over the world ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

NEVER been to Russia, altho' I DO have a Russian Visa issued to me when I flew DC-8s for Air Canada, never used....

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Hi everyone! Greetings from the Versys 650 '12 owner from Moscow. Spending the cold and snowy winter (actually not yet:) ) on the web XD
Also own another Kawasaki motorcycle - Ninja 250 for my wife. I'm glad to join the community and looking forward to new friends all over the world ;)
Welcome! You can download the factory service manual from the TECH section of this site. Don't forget to add yourself to the owners world map.

Love to see some pictures of Moscow and Russian riding. Your English is phenomenally good for a second language.

I live in Ottawa, there has been a long standing argument here on whether Ottawa or Moscow is the second coldest national capital ;) Helsinki is apparently the coldest. It's lightly snowing and -3C now although I was riding up until last Friday with heated gear.

·
Registered
132 Posts
dobro pojalovat' na forum!

Its hard to imagine how one can ride a motorcycle in Russia since the roads are not in a great shape... to say the least :)
But no bike can handle it better than Versys (for the price)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Its hard to imagine how one can ride a motorcycle in Russia since the roads are not in a great shape... to say the least :)
Freezing temperatures cause pavement issues everywhere I've ridden, including northern US and Canada, don't imagine Russia is much different. The Versys long travel suspension is ideal for this though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! You can download the factory service manual from the TECH section of this site. Don't forget to add yourself to the owners world map.

Love to see some pictures of Moscow and Russian riding. Your English is phenomenally good for a second language.

I live in Ottawa, there has been a long standing argument here on whether Ottawa or Moscow is the second coldest national capital ;) Helsinki is apparently the coldest. It's lightly snowing and -3C now although I was riding up until last Friday with heated gear.
Thank you for greetings and advice! (and especially for appreciation of my English level ;) )

Looks like the climate in Ottawa and Moscow is pretty similar, the weather this week is completely the same.
But I am not so cold-resistant (and in plus I have Shinko 705 installed which behaviour is frightening on the cold asphalt :grin2:) so I closed the season in the late October :smile2:

Regarding the pictures - where to upload them? or may be better to start a new thread?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thank you for greetings and advice! (and especially for appreciation of my English level ;) )
Looks like the climate in Ottawa and Moscow is pretty similar, the weather this week is completely the same.
But I am not so cold-resistant (and in plus I have Shinko 705 installed which behaviour is frightening on the cold asphalt :grin2:) so I closed the season in the late October :smile2: is it better to start new thread with photos or there is a special place for this?

·
Premium Member
9,109 Posts

But I am not so cold-resistant (and in plus I have Shinko 705 installed which behaviour is frightening on the cold asphalt :grin2:) so I closed the season in the late October :smile2:

Regarding the pictures - where to upload them? or may be better to start a new thread?
This one got caught in the spam filter. As to posting photos, this is your thread, post here. You can upload into the Gallery, please read the links provided, explanation of photo posting in there also.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/5-member-introductions/205361-wizard-member-intro.html

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I had a big problem with reduced cold weather traction with my previous tires, Continental Conti Motions. Since switching to Metzeler Roadtec 01 (front) and Michelin Pilot Road 4 (rear) I have great traction in the cold as long as there is not ice on roads. Highly recommend either of these tires for pavement although they are not a dual sport tire.

The cool thing about forums like this is you get to share the experiences of hundreds Versys owners with regard to maintenance and accessories.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spasibo! :)
In general, espesially in the central part, the roads are good, so it's a kind of a "clishe" about Russia.
In any case, travelling trough federal highways in the Central part you can be sure that the road is flat as minimum))) (kidding) But of course it depends on the region, the surprises are possible)
PS If it's interesting i can upload later on a small video about one of our summer weekend trips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts