Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salam and hello guys,

Just bought a green (and the only color being sold here is green, kinda like buying Ford Model T) Versys X 250 last week. It's 8 days old today. I'm form Malaysia and the Versys in the largest bike in term of size and cc that I've ever owned. Some of you might wonder why in Malaysia it's being sold as 250. Marketing strategy I believe. There's 3 category for bike license in Malaysia B2, B1 and B. B2 is for 250 and below, B1 500 and below and B is anything more than 500cc. Most Malaysian will go for B2 or B. If Kawasaki introduce a 300 in Malaysia only those with B license can ride it but most B license holder wants to ride Versys 650 and B2 holder will have to sit for a test to upgrade to B. To attract the B2 holder Kawasaki introduce the 250 model and a lot of Malaysians including me buy this Versys 250 because of driving license limitation.
So far I'm loving every minute on this bike except that the seat is a bit hard to my liking. The only accessories that I've installed is a Givi monorack and a crash guard. I'm 5' 5" and yes it's quite vertically challenged for me to handle this bike and luckily I've experienced the height challenge with my KLX 150. Nice to know you guys and I truly believe that I can gain a lot of knowledge and make new friends in this forum.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts